Feed override affects value of maximum velocity

More
15 May 2020 14:09 #167845 by HansU
Setting the feed override slider below 100% causes the value (and slider) of the maximum velocity to decrease. Just tested it also on a standard gmoccapy simulation configuration. I think this can't be desired. Did nobody noticed that? Or can this easy be disabled?

Hans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2020 15:32 #167858 by Aciera
Not sure I understand what your saying. Which slider are you talking about. I have sliders for "Rapid Override", "Feed Override", "Jogging" and "Spindle [rpm]".

More
15 May 2020 16:43 #167867 by HansU
Sorry, I forgot to specify the version. I use gmoccapy from LinuxCNC 2.7.15. It looks like this:

Hans

More
15 May 2020 16:51 #167876 by tommylight
I do not use Gmmocapy, despite liking it a lot, but i do remember someone else discussing this in the forum, so that might be already fixed in new versions of it. You might vana grab the new version, since the one you are using is a few iterations back.

More
15 May 2020 17:14 - 15 May 2020 17:15 #167880 by Aciera
Ah, I use master branch and there your "Max.Velocity" slider has been renamed "Rapid Override". I'm not sure if it is a different name for the same thing?
Anyway I've used 2.8 before and it was working there and is working in 2.9 meaning that "Rapid Override is, normally, not affected by the feed override. I have created a button on my panel to choose whether Rapid moves are affected by the feed override or not.
Last edit: 15 May 2020 17:15 by Aciera.

More
15 May 2020 19:36 #167887 by HansU
Yes, it was discussed in another thread. But the topic was if it is useful to have that limitation of max. velocity. They decided to replace the max. velocity by rapid feed override in version 2.0.
But there is unfortunately no release yet with that version.

Hans

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds