Gmoccapy + classic ladder + modbus

More
20 Mar 2021 21:44 #203056 by robertspark
I have tried this in axis, and it seems to work fine: i.e. if you add
loadrt classicladder_rt
addf classicladder.0.refresh servo-thread

loadusr -w classicladder --modmaster myprogram.clp

to the custom hal file, when axis starts classic ladder pops up to allow you to setup the modbus interface settings.

however when adding the same lines to gmoccapy it appears not to load the user classic ladder component {or at least not load / take note of "--modmaster".

hence you can open up classic ladder via the button on the settings page / tab but it does not load "myprogram.clp" and classic ladder won't allow you to setup modbus as it needs the "--modmaster" switch loading before the GUI loads {as stated in the classic ladder manual}

any suggestions..... {I seem to be doing a lot of bug testing at the moment}

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/ladder/clas...c_ladder_user_module
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/ladder/classic-ladder.html#_modbus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2021 22:17 #203059 by newbynobi
On witch file do you add the lines?
Gmoccapy has nothing to do with the loading of the Hal file. So I do not understand what is happening here. I have never used classic ladder.

Norbert

More
20 Mar 2021 22:36 #203060 by robertspark
custom.hal

I am a noob, so I am not sure if axis waits for the HAL files to be loaded and then loads its self, at which point, it would probably start classic ladder before the gui and load the *.clp file and --modmaster, where as gmoccapy loads before hal is completed?

could there be such a thing / situation?

More
21 Mar 2021 07:10 - 21 Mar 2021 07:12 #203082 by newbynobi
You may try to move the comma ds to postgui Hal file, that one is loaded after the GUI.

Have you watched for errors, starting from a terminal?
Last edit: 21 Mar 2021 07:12 by newbynobi.

More
21 Mar 2021 10:06 #203096 by robertspark

You may try to move the comma ds to postgui Hal file, that one is loaded after the GUI.

I'll try it

Have you watched for errors, starting from a terminal?

I'll try it.

given classic ladder is not well used, I wouldn't worry too much about this as I'm obviously just one user (decided to have a go at creating a python component for modbus for my vfd as a learning excercise). just probably worth noting as a known limitation.

I'll try your suggestions above and see what the outcome is.

don't change things for 1 person (pareto principle en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle)

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds