possible bug in gmoccapy or maybe just wrong setup

More
24 May 2021 22:02 #210114 by Becksvill
hey guys

I have a problem in gmoccapy where the the current feedrate value is incorrect. when typing F500 and then F100 in the MDI the feedrate changes accordingly but when putting the same sort of thing in a simple program the feedrate on gui just shows last feedrate value in g code program. it skips the rest. the same file on axis runs fine and displays correctly

edit(actually axis only has a current velocity value not programed feedrate value also

so the actual current velocity is correct. just the displayed value is wrong.

does anyone know what is happening or if I have found a bug?

regards

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2021 23:25 #210139 by andypugh
This can be due to the fact that the "interpreter state" runs ahead of the machine.
In most cases the G-code is interpreted and queued into the real-time motion controller before the tool even touches the work. The "Axis" GUI certainly has this "feature" but I thought that Gmoccapy had taken steps to actually show current feedrate.

Which LiinuxCNC version and Gmoccapy version are you running?

More
24 May 2021 23:31 #210140 by Becksvill
thanks for the reply andy

you have been replying to my questions all over the show today:) its much appreciated

I have linuxcnc 2.8 and I think the latest gmoccapy.

It was a new install like 6 months ago. just before the official iso came out

one of the linux mint prepackaged isos that got made. I grabbed a iso before they got taken down. beaglebones made them.

I much prefer using mint to debian

regards

Andrew

More
24 May 2021 23:36 #210143 by tommylight
Just in case you missed it, it takes about 15 to 25 minutes to install Linux Mint with LinuxCNC from scratch, be it 19.3 or 20 (steer clear of 20 for now), not including the ISO download and depending on internet speed.
On my new PC i think it took about 4 or 5 minutes total.
The howtos are in the "installing LinuxCNC" section of the forum.

More
25 May 2021 04:31 #210182 by newbynobi
I am pretty sure, that this behavior is related to the read ahead of the interpreter.
IMHO the state tags branch has not been merged into 2.8 and I am not sure if it has been in master.

This unfortunately can not be influenced by gmoccapy, as the GUI does only react to LinuxCNC status changes.

But as we are working on the py3 / gtk3 port, we may take care of that one too.

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds