tool length probe confuguration

More
23 Aug 2021 11:50 #218495 by icy
Hello,

My cnc miller is routing finde, but there was the problem with the tool changes and the correct length. I bought an TLS 02 as tool length probe. This an an simple 2 wire sensor. The sensor is correctly wired and i can trigger the sensor successfully in the halshow.

I am using an 7i76e with gmoccapy an the tool mesaurement windows in the settings is grey and i can not changed anything. I have tried to find an solution, but i can not find, what is wrong with my files. Maybe one of you have an hint or solution ?

Best regards

Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2021 14:09 #218514 by andypugh
At a guess you need to configure an input as the tool length probe to enable the feature.

More
23 Aug 2021 18:50 #218535 by icy
Replied by icy on topic tool length probe confuguration
Hello Andy,

i ve found one error in the ini, in the [HAL] sections the following was inactiv
#POSTGUI_HALFILE = postgui_call_list.hal

But i have no idea, where i should take a deeper look ;-)

Best regards

Chris

More
23 Aug 2021 20:14 #218543 by newbynobi
Did you read the documentation?
I have documented very well, where you need to do entries and what to configre.
If the tool section in the settings page is grayed out, the configuration in the INI file is wrong or not complete.

Norbert

More
25 Aug 2021 11:22 #218698 by icy
Hello Norbert,yes, but to my shame i uploaded the old files in the start topic.I rechecked the settings an i think i have everything made, that you written in the manual ( from 6 to 7.1 ), but the tool measurement box is still greyed out. 

I have rechecked it 3 times, but i can not find any mistake, the only diference to yout manual is line 21 the custom_postgui.hal, if i uncomment this line, Linuxcnc exits with an error

Best regards

Christian
Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2021 05:00 #218858 by newbynobi
In your normal Hal file you are loading all at the end the manual tool change GUI from axis and you do connect there also the tool change signals, that is wrong.

Please comment all the tool change stuff in your main Hal file out the last 5 lines,
then activate the line 21 in postgui Hal file.

Start gmoccapy from a terminal and post the terminal output.

Norbert 

More
27 Aug 2021 05:07 #218860 by newbynobi
You must copy the following files to your config directoryFirst make a directory python in your config folder from your_linuxcnc-dev_directory/configs/sim/gmoccapy/python copy toplevel.py to your config_dir/python folder. Copy remap.py to your config_dir/python folder Copy stdglue.py to your config_dir/python folder.From your_linuxcnc-dev_directory/configs/sim/gmoccapy/macros copy on_abort.ngc to the directory specified in the SUBROUTINE_PATH see  RS274NGC Section . From your_linuxcnc-dev_directory/configs/sim/gmoccapy/macros copy change.ngc to the directory specified as SUBROUTINE_PATH see  RS274NGC Section . Open change.ngc with a editor and uncomment the following lines (49 and 50):

More
27 Aug 2021 05:08 #218861 by newbynobi
Zip you config folder and post it here.

More
27 Aug 2021 11:50 #218901 by icy
Hello Norbert,

your first solution worked ! Now i can change the tool with M6. Now i must only learn how to use the tool sensor. Thank you very much for you help

best regards

chris

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds