Jog override encoder bug?

More
22 Dec 2021 20:00 #229757 by Firehunter
I'm using two EC11 encoders for setting jog speed and changing feed, rapid and spindle overrides (depending on the current mode). These are connected to the gmoccapy override pins. The encoders both work correctly as I can see the counts values decrease and increase in halshow. But everytime I change the spindle override and after that the jog (or feed/rapid) override, the latter makes a big jump. For example, the normal jog adjustment is 15mm/min per encoder count, after turning the spindle override encoder 1 or more clicks, the jog speed jumps 30 to 360 units. Most of the time even in the wrong direction.

When I use the halui override pins instead of the gmoccapy pins, everything works correctly . But halui has no jog override pins. I also tested with the two encoder count signals switched, but this doesn't change anything. The spindle override percentage always change 1%. The other override jumps.

My custom_postgui.hal:
net feed-override       =>  gmoccapy.jog.jog-velocity.counts    gmoccapy.feed.feed-override.counts  gmoccapy.rapid.rapid-override.counts
net spindle-override    =>  gmoccapy.spindle.spindle-override.counts

# Only enable jog override in manual mode
net manual-mode         =>  gmoccapy.jog.jog-velocity.count-enable

# Only enable feed and rapid override in auto mode
net auto-mode           =>  gmoccapy.feed.feed-override.count-enable    gmoccapy.rapid.rapid-override.count-enable

# Always enable spindle override
setp    gmoccapy.spindle.spindle-override.count-enable 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2022 19:55 #230674 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Jog override encoder bug?
You can not connect one physical encoder to several encoder inputs!

The encoder counts and when you switch to another encoder, the new value will be applied!

I.e. The jog encoder counts is 100 and the feed override counts is 100 and the jog vel counts is 100 after start, when you change now the encoder counts connected to jog vel counts to be 50 and you now change to feed override counts, that will be set automatically to 50 resulting in a big jump!

Norbert

More
04 Jan 2022 10:12 #230743 by Firehunter
But the jump happens after I change the spindle override. I'm not switching encoders.

More
11 Jan 2022 09:00 #231414 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Jog override encoder bug?
Yes, that is because you have connected all encoder inputs to one encoder in your hal file.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds