What are the current probing screen choices for Gmoccapy

More
14 Sep 2022 00:58 - 14 Sep 2022 01:00 #251860 by auto-mation-assist
I got tired of problems with the latest versions of Mint and decided use Debian 11 instead for my system update and use the 5.19.8-rt10 kernel patch. LinuxCnc compiled fine after I install all depends and now able to continue.

Cert problems on newer kernels seem to persist but Debian was able to generate its own Cert file for the kernel after making some changes to the kernal .config file that 'xconfig' generated. During the make just selected the default two times for input required for cert's.

I replaced what was in the kernal .config file with the below before the make. This is one of many solutions I found that actually allowed the new kernel to be built.

# Certificates for signature checking
#
CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY="certs/signing_key.pem"
CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY_TYPE_RSA=y
# CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY_TYPE_ECDSA is not set
CONFIG_SYSTEM_TRUSTED_KEYRING=y
CONFIG_SYSTEM_TRUSTED_KEYS=""
CONFIG_SYSTEM_EXTRA_CERTIFICATE=y
CONFIG_SYSTEM_EXTRA_CERTIFICATE_SIZE=4096
CONFIG_SECONDARY_TRUSTED_KEYRING=y
CONFIG_SYSTEM_BLACKLIST_KEYRING=y
CONFIG_SYSTEM_BLACKLIST_HASH_LIST=""
CONFIG_SYSTEM_REVOCATION_LIST=y
CONFIG_SYSTEM_REVOCATION_KEYS=""
# CONFIG_SYSTEM_BLACKLIST_AUTH_UPDATE is not set
# end of Certificates for signature checking

I'm presently looking for the probe files share/qtvcp/panels/ and think that I may need to download them to make sure I have copies of your files and not copies of my own older files. My LinuxCnc was cloned from master today 13 Sep 2022.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2022 01:00 by auto-mation-assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2023 01:26 #279689 by echristley
It's been a year since you last posted about this topic. I've just added a probe to my Bridgeport knee mill that is now using LinuxCNC. Did you get this to a point that you could share how to duplicate?
My machine is air-gapped, due to there being no internet access in the workshop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds