Conversational Wizards in Gmoccapy

More
13 Oct 2022 16:11 #254074 by RRicardo
Hi everyone.
I thank you for let me in to this forum and apreciate your future patiente on me.
I'm an architect from Portugal building some Cnc machines to work on wood and metal.

I have been using Uccnc and only now i saw and meet Linuxcnc for a month ago and i think it's great.!!

So what i want to know, is if it's possible to have Conversational Wizards like in QtPlasmac but for Gmoccapy Gui.
I'm sorry if this is well known on other topic, so at least you can give me some useful information were can i search for that i try to install.
I have started to do a clean instal of Linuxcnc 2.8.2 iso, then i found Qtplasmac for my first Plasma machine so i went to the adventure and did a clean install of Mint 21 + Linuxcnc 2.9 and it works great in mode 2.

After that i saw the conversational wizards in Qtplasmac and want to know how can i install similar to gmoccapy gui.
Thank you in advance, regards.
Ricardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2022 20:36 #254084 by HansU
Do you mean the Conversational Shape Library (linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/plasma/qtplas...tml#qt_shape-library) ?

If you men that, you can embed ngcgui (pyngcgui) (linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/gui/ngcgui.html) in Gmoccapy. I added a sample config recently to the 2.9 version, called "gmoccapy_pyngcgui".
Some basic shapes are included, but it can be simple extended by G-code.

Attachments:

More
13 Oct 2022 22:17 #254092 by RRicardo
Yes thats ir. Realy Nice.
i Will try to implement embebed in gmoccapy.
This for me Will bem realy useful for aluminium profiles for Windows since we always use the same cycles / routines only with rectangles, circles, and some combinations of the same.
Very thanks. 

More
14 Oct 2022 07:09 #254103 by HansU
Great. And if you have created some cycles that could be useful for others, feel free to publish them here ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RRicardo

More
14 Oct 2022 08:52 #254105 by HansU
@mods maybe this should be moved to User Interfaces/Gmoccapy

More
14 Oct 2022 09:57 #254106 by RRicardo
HanSu, thank you.
If i reach to the point to use it and mount in gmoccapy i will be very happy, i'm old school from msdos and windows so Linux and python for me it's completely new but i think i will get there.
Also i'm thinking and avaiable to develop a possible graphic part but can´t help on program side, i'm an architect so making the design part it will be not the problem for me. But thank you, if i could reach for what i want certainly i will share in the forum.

More
14 Oct 2022 11:09 #254110 by RotarySMP
There is also NativeCAM, which overlaps with this concept.

More
14 Oct 2022 12:27 #254112 by tommylight

@mods maybe this should be moved to User Interfaces/Gmoccapy

Done.
Thank you.

More
14 Oct 2022 14:39 #254117 by RRicardo
Thanks you i Will ser that.

More
15 Oct 2022 09:51 - 15 Oct 2022 09:57 #254156 by RRicardo
I can´t embed the NativeCam, even i didn´t know that exists, perhaps it's because i'm with Mint 21 with Linuxcnc 2.9.
So i will try to embed the conversational wizards on Gmoccapy since i think it will be possible to implement in 2.9.
Thank you for your information.

I have qtplasmac and gmoccapy runing well on Mint 21 + Linuxcnc 2.9

Do i need more packages to put pyngcgui runing in gmoccapy?
thank you

Last edit: 15 Oct 2022 09:57 by RRicardo.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds