making changes to LinuxCNC files

More
07 Nov 2023 17:23 #284803 by manager12345
Hello everyone I decided to make hotkeys and got into the code gmoccapy.py , and also decided to add my custom icons for different tasks. But that hotkeys and icons do not appear in the gmoccapy program. Changed the MDI hotkey to F4, instead of F5. Please tell me how I can make gmoccapy see that I have made changes to the code and icons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2023 17:24 #284804 by tommylight
Moved to "GmoccaPy" section.

More
07 Nov 2023 17:31 #284805 by Aciera
If you built linuxcnc yourself then you would want to modify '<your-linuxcnc-install-folder>/bin/gmoccapy.py' (ie not the one that lives in the folder /src/emc/usr_intf/gmoccapy/)

I don't know where things get installed on a deb installation.

More
07 Nov 2023 19:56 #284816 by HansU
Edit the file /bin/gmoccapy

More
08 Nov 2023 04:21 #284837 by manager12345
I changed the file both in /bin/gmoccapy and in /user_intf/gmoccapy, but still nothing has changed, the program operates according to the old code, creating a new gmoccapy configuration… I'm already thinking about the option to build my LinuxCNC, with the changes in the files that I need, do you think there will be a good option or can I somehow bypass all this and just install changes in these files?

More
08 Nov 2023 14:54 #284872 by HansU
You can modify the sources and build LinuxCNC and then install this.
More information here: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html
But shouldn't be necessary in your case. I have no idea why editing /bin/gmoccapy doesn't work for you.

More
08 Nov 2023 15:55 #284877 by manager12345
And this can't be due to the fact that I have Debian 12 and LinuxCNC is rolled on it?
Most likely, I will do according to your advice and will assemble my assembly and install LinuxCNC.

More
27 Nov 2023 13:37 #286618 by HansU
If your changes in the gmoccapy files show no effect - maybe your changes are at the wrong location or just wrong?
You could post your modified file and tell us what it is supposed to do.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds