Preview Screen update after Touch off?

More
07 Feb 2024 14:36 #292746 by U2fletch
I use this Macro in my .ini
HALUI
MDI_COMMAND G10 L20 P0 X0 Y0 Y0

The Macro is attached to a jog pendant button and works fine.  On the Preview screen you can see the X-Y axis display resets to the new zero at the tool position, but the path preview does not move to reflect the new start position.  If I manually select the touch off tab, then press, for example Z=0 and hit okay, the screen refreshes and the path displays properly.

What can I use to cause the preview to refresh like the GUI tab does?  Having the screen update automatically is kind of important as the machine (CNC Longarm for quilting) is used by my wife and the preview is very helpful to determine if the pattern is laid out properly.  Pressing more buttons on the screen defeats the point of using the pendant to touch off.  The pendant also has a program start button for simplicity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2024 06:11 #292825 by cmorley
I do not believe there currently is a built in way to do this in Gmoccapy, but I think version 2.9.x allows user customization, so could be added in such a way.

It's a common short coming of linuxcnc actually (automatic reloading the display on G10 etc)

More
09 Feb 2024 18:14 #292953 by U2fletch
So that brings up my next question. Is it fairly simple to strip out the GUI functions that I don’t need? Spindle control, for example? Coolant etc.

More
09 Feb 2024 23:16 #292962 by cmorley
I'm not a Gmoccapy expert by any means but it looks like this is the easiest way to modify the screen,
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/gui/gmocca...tabs-and-side-panels

If that is enough for you then yes pretty easy.

More
10 Feb 2024 09:48 #292982 by HansU

I use this Macro in my .ini
HALUI
MDI_COMMAND G10 L20 P0 X0 Y0 Y0

The Macro is attached to a jog pendant button and works fine.  On the Preview screen you can see the X-Y axis display resets to the new zero at the tool position, but the path preview does not move to reflect the new start position.  If I manually select the touch off tab, then press, for example Z=0 and hit okay, the screen refreshes and the path displays properly.

What can I use to cause the preview to refresh like the GUI tab does?  Having the screen update automatically is kind of important as the machine (CNC Longarm for quilting) is used by my wife and the preview is very helpful to determine if the pattern is laid out properly.  Pressing more buttons on the screen defeats the point of using the pendant to touch off.  The pendant also has a program start button for simplicity.

You can try if using a gmoccapy macro button makes a difference:

linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/gui/gmoccapy.html#gmoccapy:macros

I'm not a Gmoccapy expert by any means but it looks like this is the easiest way to modify the screen,
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/gui/gmocca...tabs-and-side-panels

If that is enough for you then yes pretty easy.

Yes, with "EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = hide" you can simply hide the mentioned frames.

More
12 Feb 2024 02:26 #293122 by U2fletch
Great tips, thanks guys will check it out.

More
15 Feb 2024 20:12 #293432 by U2fletch
So where would the file be with this code? The Display section of my config .ini file does not have anything to hide!

Is there another gmoccapy specific file buried in the source code somewhere?

More
15 Feb 2024 20:21 #293433 by zz912
You must add it to *.ini file.

More
15 Feb 2024 21:10 #293436 by U2fletch
Okay, but how do you know what the frame name is to use for the hide command?
It's pretty obvious if you created your own custom frame. Or is it really something simple like spindle, coolant, etc.? I don't have my machine in front of me to see if the frames in Gmoccapy have names on them in the bar.

More
15 Feb 2024 21:17 #293437 by zz912

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds