Differences between sim and pncconf

More
05 Mar 2024 13:17 #295228 by Halbear
Worked on turning a trt sim config into a working one last night, got the interface up and running after hashing out a bunch of conflicting pin assignments but, no motion or spindle.

I don't have a guide to follow, just trying to change the hal and ini files to include what pncconf does..
I'm suspecting a few a things are causing errors..

One is that Pncconf calls up EMCMOT while the sim entry is MOTMOD, another is whether naming conventions and my cross-commenting out of entries to eliminate pin conflicts is causing paths to go nowhere, and a third is whether I'm not dealing correctly with stuff looped back for sim purposes..

Attached are the two files.

The approach has worked with trivkins-based stuff including a couple of 5 axis configurations but I'm trying to get a tcp config working. I couldn't figure out how to program (CAM) for and do a setup for a test of the trivkins-based xyzac config, though did manage to get it to move and work with my pendant .  This trt-kins stuff seems so much tougher!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2024 17:09 - 05 Mar 2024 17:10 #295245 by Aciera
I would strongly suggest to get a trivkins config working with your machine and then modify that for trt-kins.

Sounds like you already have that working, if so then please post the ini and hal files of your working trivkins config and we can get the trt stuff working.
Please also provide information on the specific kinematic of your machine.

[edit]

Also we would need to know if you want to use a vismach simulation along with your configuration.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2024 17:10 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halbear

More
05 Mar 2024 19:33 #295251 by Halbear
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Info for the machine: basically a vertical 3d-printer style layout with X moving on a gantry and y is a moving table, the A and C axis are additional trunnion table-style setup with A tilting and a C platter on top of that rotating 360 degrees. Control via a 7i96s running 2.9.2 on Debian 12 (the latest from the official link a month ago).

Attached below are the ini and hal files. I'm able to post and run code generated by Fusion 360 with the machining extension but have no idea what to do with offsets to make the tool tip be where it needs to be, it always wants to be pointed at the center of rotation no matter where I program the origin to be in Fusion. 

Thanks again,

Hal
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2024 02:10 #295280 by Halbear
Interesting: I changed the kins type in the Dragon profile to xyzac-trt-kins and I have some kind of multi-axis jog happening! It doesn't keep the tool on center and it reversed the direction of a couple of axes but something changed!

Now I'm wondering if I can just change the Display entry to Gmoccapy if that would work too

More
06 Mar 2024 06:22 #295297 by Aciera
you will also need to add:

1. in the [HAL] section of your ini file (make sure to adjust the x- and z- offset values according to your setup):
# net for control of motion.switchkins-type
HALCMD = net :kinstype-select <= motion.analog-out-03 => motion.switchkins-type

# required for xyzac-trt-kins component

HALCMD = net  :tool-offset  motion.tooloffset.z
HALCMD = net  :tool-offset  xyzac-trt-kins.tool-offset
HALCMD = net  :y-offset     xyzac-trt-kins.y-offset
HALCMD = net  :z-offset     xyzac-trt-kins.z-offset
HALCMD = sets :y-offset     <your y-offset value here>
HALCMD = sets :z-offset     <your z-offset value here

# These are the absolute coordinates of the top center of your C-rotary table
HALCMD = setp xyzac-trt-kins.x-rot-point 0
HALCMD = setp xyzac-trt-kins.y-rot-point 0
HALCMD = setp xyzac-trt-kins.z-rot-point 0

2. For the switchable kinematics feature you need these in the [HALUI] section of your ini file:
# NOTE: kinstype==0 is identity kins because sparm=identityfirst
# M429:identity kins (motion.switchkins-type==0 startupDEFAULT)
# M428:xyzac    kins (motion.switchkins-type==1)
MDI_COMMAND = M429
MDI_COMMAND = M428

And these in your [RS274NGC] section:
          REMAP = M428  modalgroup=10  ngc=428remap
          REMAP = M429  modalgroup=10  ngc=429remap

Make sure to copy the files 'M428' and 'M429' into a folder in your [RS274NGC]-SUROUTINE_PATH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halbear

More
06 Mar 2024 19:36 #295342 by Halbear
Thanks for the reply and the info! I created the other thread thinking that because it was QTDragon we had switched to that this one was in the wrong forum..

I'll go try this out and report back, it might take a bit of trial and error. I noticed people are setting negative values for their z-offsets in other threads which is confusing me a bit but hopefully it'll make sense upon trying.

Thanks again, this is greatly appreciated!

More
06 Mar 2024 21:18 #295349 by Halbear
Can't find M428 and M429 on my system anywhere (using sudo find), will need to download those from somewhere. 

I set some arbitrary values in the ini to get started and unfortunately the gui starts with "hard limits reset to active" and won't come out of Estop. My guess is because of those missing two files. Unless there's some other known bug!

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds