Mastercam V9 lathe post working for linuxcnc 2.9

More
08 Nov 2023 03:21 - 09 Nov 2023 17:59 #284834 by Trav328
Let me start off by saying im well aware this software is extremly dated in the cad/cam world , however i own a legal copy and its what i learned on so i continue to use it , i am by no means a pro post editor but i got this modified and working awesome , you may be able to run it through the updater on a newer version of mastercam.this post works for a Linuxcnc 2.9 based lathe , setup to output in radius mode , for a LEFT spindle FRONT toolpost this post supports live tooling / c axis but that is all untested as i dont have those.

has a preamble to set all your basics
m03/4 for spindle
g2/g3 I.J.K for arcs/rads
g33 for spindle synchronized motion and threading
g33.1 for ridged tapping
g43 at every toolchange
g54 for WCS
g28 at toolchange (so you can use g28.1 to set tool change position)
m8/9 for coolant

i have used this post to cut rads and tapered pipe threads so far , i am working on adding more canned cycles.

more that i am forgetting , i have more time than i want to think about in this post but hopefully people can use info from it for your own, i can also modify things in it for anyone who needs it. and of course i am not responsable for anything you do.change file extension to .pst for use with mastercam. 

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcncpost.txt
File Size:141 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Nov 2023 17:59 by Trav328. Reason: fixed a hidden g33 error
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, tommylight, 0x2102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2024 18:52 #292548 by spacestate1
that's awesome . Do you have any resources on Mastercam pst files and definitions?

More
15 Feb 2024 13:17 #293377 by Trav328
sorry i just seen this now , i am self taught in my post editing , a great place to learn is by reading through the mastercam forums , some extremely knowledgeable people over there , almost any thing you can think of regarding post editing is hidden in those forums somewhere.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds