NativeCAM features request

More
06 Feb 2018 10:16 - 22 Jul 2018 14:40 #105483 by eFalegname
Hi Fern,
I'm using NativeCAM every day, mostly to transform, mix and manipulate my gcode, and as project organizer-management tool, unfortunately I still can't do all my gcode files without "windowscadcam" for this reason I opened this post, to organize the ideas about the features and improvements that I would like to see on NativeCAM to make from it my primary CAM.

F-engrave is installed along LinuxCNC, can I suggest a feature to make V-Carving and V-Inlay like the F-engrave program does? These are very used processes, besides with F-engrave it is possible to import .dxf and bitmaps to engrave.
github.com/stephenhouser/f-engrave

With G-code ripper is possible Scale, Split and Wrap G-Code even on irregular surfaces using the autoprobe function.
www.scorchworks.com/Gcoderipper/gcoderipper.html

For what I understand these two programs are python scripts, maybe it would be possible to use NativeCam as frontend as done before with ttrace to engraving text...

Thanks a lot for your great work and please, keep my dream alive :) :)
Cheers
Floris

Last edit: 22 Jul 2018 14:40 by eFalegname.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2018 14:39 #105492 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM features request
Hi Floris

I do not know those apps...
I will have to take a good look at them and put on my enhancement list if possible for later development

Fern

More
28 Mar 2018 00:22 #108015 by tommylight
I am assuming we can use this thread for other requests for added features to NCAM, so i have one i would like to add:
Rotary plasma tube/profile cutter
I am in the process of building a prototype like the professional ones on youtube, but it is going slowly due to to much projects i am working on. Of course the build log will be posted on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FernV

More
07 Nov 2018 20:55 #120204 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM features request
Hi Floris,

I was out of country a good while for the last 6 months and I could not work much on the project. Next version will be 2.0

Not much improvements in the interface but much better g-code.

Meanwhile, if you have new requests please post them

Regards
Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: skench, tommylight, pommen

More
10 Aug 2019 09:48 #141859 by freemoore
Hi all. I finally got a plasma table working with Tommylight's latest config (2.8pre stepper version), and also NativeCam installed on the same machine with the plasma catalog installed.

My problem is that the plasma won't run gcode generated by ncam. If I hand-code a simple thing with M3/M5 this works OK (and the THC works at last, thank you Tom!).

Ncam program is shown in the Axis gui preview window OK; but when I press run the machine just sits there waiting. I know toma_thc needs M3/M5 to fire the torch - I can't find any preference setting in Ncam to pick a spindle/torch command, I can't see any M3/M5 in the gcode window of ncam's output.

How can I get Ncam working with the toma_thc plasma?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Aug 2019 10:05 #141860 by tommylight
You are welcomed.
I can not think of anything that would inhibit the functionality of Linuxcnc, although i do remember back when ncam was released i had the same problem.

More
13 Aug 2019 17:55 #142057 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic NativeCAM features request
Doesn't NCAM do something clever with block delete? It might also insert optional pauses.

Try toggling those extra buttons in the GUI that you never otherwise use :-)

More
23 Aug 2019 20:24 #143005 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic NativeCAM features request
I've been using NativeCAM a while now. Very Handy.
One request, though. How about adding some code to return the part/tool to their positions at the start of a routine?
I usually start a few inches away from my part, for safety and convenience. When a NativeCAM routine completes, the tools end up in a fairly arbitrary position above the part.
Sure would be nice to just return, safely, to the point it started from.....
Just asking.....

Thanks for the Linuxcnc plugin, addon, extension, or whatever it's called.......

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds