Nativecam threading

More
22 Jun 2018 19:28 #112783 by Handy8000
Hi All,

First thanks to all how contributed to LinuxCNC and NativeCAM.

I use Linuxcnc 2.7.12 and NativeCAM 0.1.14b.

I have been using NativeCAM for my cnc lathe and its been great for turning, facing and parting off.

I would now like to use it to thread, I did try to, but NativeCAM just stops and does nothing.
here is a screen shot of that

Can someone give a bit of a tutorial on how it should be done or offer a solution?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2018 12:09 #112790 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Nativecam threading
Do you have your spindle encoder hooked up? Can't thread without an encoder and spindle at speed connected.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/g-code.html#gcode:g76

JT

More
23 Jun 2018 16:34 #112795 by Handy8000
Replied by Handy8000 on topic Nativecam threading
Hi BigJohnT,

Yes, I have my encoder hooked up and it works ok, A = 48 pulse per rev and also Z = 1 pulse per rev, I also have at speed configured.

I was trying nativecam threading on my simulated setup and couldn't get it to work, I also tried ngcgui (also simulated) threading and it works without any problems.

Thanks for the reply.

More
26 Jun 2018 17:19 #112898 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Nativecam threading
You also need to connect something to spindle at speed pin to say the spindle is at speed otherwise LinuxCNC just sits at the start and waits for the spindle at speed pin to go true. The simulator has a simulated at speed pin.

motion.spindle−at−speed IN BIT

Motion will pause until this pin is TRUE, under the following conditions: before the first feed move after each spindle start or speed change; before the start of every chain of spindle-synchronized moves; and if in CSS mode, at every rapid->feed transition.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/axis.9.html

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Handy8000

More
27 Jun 2018 21:07 - 27 Jun 2018 21:20 #112940 by Handy8000
Replied by Handy8000 on topic Nativecam threading
Hi BigJohnT,

I had commented out "sets spindle-at-speed true" in my custom_postgui.hal file at some point for my simulation set-up and totally overlooked it.

Thanks to you all is now working as expected.

Thanks. B)
Last edit: 27 Jun 2018 21:20 by Handy8000. Reason: wrote custom.hal should have been custom_postgui.hal

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds