Embedded and language issue

More
25 Nov 2018 18:43 #121330 by mydani
Hi,

two things are a little annoying when using NativeCAM embedded into gmoccapy.
On every startup an error message pops up "Can't switch to auto mode" or sth. Of course not, because the machine is not enabled or homed. Is it possible for NativeCAM to be configured in a way, that it only load the generated code when linuxcnc is homed?

Secondly I have some weird translation issue - some parts of NativeCAM are translated to german, but really not in the good way. :-) Is there some configuration to keep native cam in english?

Thanks for any tips!
Regards,
Daniel
More
25 Nov 2018 22:38 #121353 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic Embedded and language issue

mydani wrote: ... some parts of NativeCAM are translated to german, but really not in the good way. :-) Is there some configuration to keep native cam in english?

Hi,

As superuser, delete /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/nativecam.mo

I will see what can be done for gmoccapy

Regards
Fern
More
25 Nov 2018 22:51 #121354 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic Embedded and language issue

mydani wrote: ...annoying when using NativeCAM embedded into gmoccapy.
On every startup an error message pops up "Can't switch to auto mode" or sth. Of course not, because the machine is not enabled or homed. Is it possible for NativeCAM to be configured in a way, that it only load the generated code when linuxcnc is homed?

I just found that linuxcnc.stat has a parameter specially to test what axis are homed. It should be possible to add what you ask in the next version

Fern
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds