FernV, calling FernV

More
20 Apr 2023 15:03 #269488 by Roguish
FernV, calling FernV was created by Roguish
FernV, 
are you still with us?
Is NativeCAM going to evolve to Py3 and GTK3, and continue?
or is it stuck back with old Linuxcnc?

Sure hope it carries forward.  It's quite handy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2023 17:43 #269497 by 0x2102
Replied by 0x2102 on topic FernV, calling FernV
I think we are out of luck on this one. Unless someone else with Python3 skills will come to our rescue.

More
22 May 2023 21:00 #271971 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic FernV, calling FernV
you can install it on buster with 2.8.4 and it works just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
22 May 2023 21:03 #271973 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic FernV, calling FernV

you can install it on buster with 2.8.4 and it works just fine.

Why bother? I think its found its way into qtdragon_hd

More
23 May 2023 05:39 - 23 May 2023 05:51 #272001 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic FernV, calling FernV

I think its found its way into qtdragon_hd

Really?! NativeCAM got integrated into current qtDragon-HD?

[edit]
Just checked on my master build from march. Are you referring to the 'UTILS' tab? That is a good start, although it lacks the circular pocket feature which is the one I use the most.
Last edit: 23 May 2023 05:51 by Aciera.

More
23 May 2023 08:02 #272006 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic FernV, calling FernV
I think March is too early as its still under active development. I just don't have a sim near me to check.
Grab a Deb from here for Bookworm or bullseye  buildbot2.highlab.com/

More
23 May 2023 09:46 #272009 by Aciera
Hasn't changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish, rodw

More
07 Oct 2023 13:38 #282499 by okiejim
Replied by okiejim on topic FernV, calling FernV
This is very exciting. I was hoping to not be stuck on my linuxcnc versions. Please keep this thread going. I'm a nativecam user and have been hoping for new features on it.

More
27 Dec 2023 13:43 #289167 by freemoore
Replied by freemoore on topic FernV, calling FernV
Commenting mostly in frustration. I'd like to update all my machines to linuxcnc 2.9.1 but haven't seen an alternative to Nativecam that looks as useful and slick - I still use it extensively on lathe, router and mill as it works so well.

My current idea for a solution is to have nativecam installed on a sim.axis machine in linuxcnc 2.8.4 running on debian 10 on a laptop that I can carry between machine tools, all connected to the workshop network. That should allow me to design part programs in ncam, save them to a shared folder as I do with SheetCAM output, and access the results from the relevant machine to run the program.

Right now I'm away from the shop for seasonal reasons, and trying this out by dual-booting between the two lcnc versions on the same laptop.  I have lcnc 2.8.4 up and running with ncam installed and able to generate the part program and run it in the sim.axis machine as expected. The program is then exported using ncam's 'export as RS274NGC' option, but when I boot into debian 12, open lcnc 2.9.1 and go to open the part program file, I get this error:
Near line 93 of
/home/freemoore/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis/ncamvm/export as etc test.ngc: EOF in file:/home/fremoore/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis/ncamvm/export as etc test.ngc seeking o-word: o<select> from line:92

So. Does anyone know if it's possible to run nativecam-generated gcode files on a system that can't install nativecam? As far as I can tell it works using o-words and although it doesn't look anything like the gcode files I'm used to working with, they seem to be in a valid format. From what I can gather I probably need to add something to my subroutine path and maybe do something with the M123 python file that nativecam generates, but so far haven't been able to get past that error.

If anyone's done this I'd be grateful for a guide. Would be really great to be able to update to debian12 without losing nativecam.

Thanks all,
andy

More
27 Dec 2023 14:03 #289169 by Aciera
I would think that you should be able to run gcode created by nativecam as long as you have the necessary gcode subroutines in your subroutine paths. As for what those are you will need to explore the paths of your working ncam installation.

There is work underway to port it to Qt:
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/50926-developme...rsion-of-ncam#288365
The following user(s) said Thank You: freemoore

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds