Looking for assistance 5i25/7i76 with PathPilot

More
24 Jul 2017 17:22 #96360 by PCW
Those setting are not timings but feedback settings for the position control loop that runs the stepgen hardware.
Those settings listed are correct(P=1000, FF1=1.000 all others 0), if they do not work there is trouble somewhere else in the hal file, ISTR that some Tormach hal files had an error with thread order (the addf statements). This will need to be fixed before
you can use the proper tuning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2017 13:07 #96385 by racedirector
Thanks PCW

Mine won't work with P=1000 but will work with P500 or below. At 1000 I get the jittering I have spoken of before. I'll take a look at the order of things in the PP hal files to see if I can figure out what is going on.

I also found out the cause of the joint mode or unhomed errors, in later versions of PP they check for machine_ok and if it is not PP tries to unhome all axis. Of course at initial startup reset none of the axis are homed so LinuxCNC spits out those errors.

Got a little bit of work to do yet before I can cut, got problems with the spindle not working and a couple of other gotchas but so far Pathpilot seems to be mostly playing ball. Oh, and I have gone back to my old install applying what I learnt from the new one.

More
25 Jul 2017 14:55 #96395 by PCW
Basic thread order should be:

Read hardware (5I25 in this case)
Do all calculations (PID etc)
Write hardware

More
27 Jul 2017 14:06 #96566 by andypugh

I also found out the cause of the joint mode or unhomed errors, in later versions of PP they check for machine_ok and if it is not PP tries to unhome all axis. Of course at initial startup reset none of the axis are homed so LinuxCNC spits out those errors.

In the INI there is an optional setting VOLATILE_HOME which is related to this sort of behaviour.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-co...s__lt_num_gt_section

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds