Upgrade to Pathpilot 2

More
06 Feb 2018 07:57 #105479 by racedirector
Has anyone successfully upgraded to PP2? I am trying but it is not going well. PP2 has a totally different way of loading the ini, no longer is config.txt used but a python file intervenes. I mangled to get it started but it is soooooo slow, won't load everything on screen and won't reset.

I can't see much different in a standard Tormach ini file and my own but will persevere until someone has done the same thing.

If anyone has successfully completed the upgrade please do jump in....

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2018 12:22 #105525 by brianTruck
Replied by brianTruck on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
Hi,
I have been playing with it on a spare computer. Trying to get it into sim mode,no luck so far.

Brian

More
07 Feb 2018 21:58 #105548 by Millper1
Replied by Millper1 on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
ctr+alt+s before picking machine config gets into sim mode
The following user(s) said Thank You: brianTruck

More
08 Feb 2018 02:51 #105554 by brianTruck
Replied by brianTruck on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
Thanks', worked perfect.

Brian

More
08 Feb 2018 09:20 - 08 Feb 2018 09:20 #105560 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
Well after some setbacks I actually have PP2 running my machine. I will document the process of moving from PP1 to PP2 sometime tomorrow so others can get it working. Not many actual changes required but PP2 now runs 2.8 pre under 64bit Mint Mate so any extras added to your PP install will need the 64 bit equivalents.

More tomorrow

Cheers
Last edit: 08 Feb 2018 09:20 by racedirector.

More
21 Feb 2018 01:15 #106262 by Jakemestre1
Replied by Jakemestre1 on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
Hi Racedirector, any chance we could get your thoughts on the update? I'm struggling a bit. Thank you.
Jake

More
28 Feb 2018 03:48 #106685 by bill.anderson
I'm having trouble too! I can't seem to get the PP2 USB to boot on my machine. I didn't have a problem with the 1.82 DVD reading the R1 system. Any thoughts?

bill a

More
28 Feb 2018 04:25 #106686 by cncnoob1979
Replied by cncnoob1979 on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
Hey bill!

I just installed pp2 on my non-tormach mill.

Pretty difficult and I only have it getting through to the main screen with very limited functionality. Have to figure out the pins now.

Any way, to enable pp2 USB dongle to install on my system I had to enable EFI boot. (In the bios) I had it set to just legacy but after a few reboots I started trying different things.

Also if you have multiple HDD's you need to unplug all but the one you want to install. It will error out otherwise.

I'm on a 5i25/7i77 with servos. I really wish they would stay away from so much py scripting and enable full linuxcnc capabilities.

More
03 Mar 2018 22:22 #106889 by bill.anderson
I wound up downloading the trial version of R-Drive Image on windows and used it with the PP2 USB Thumbdrive to extract PP2 to a 32GB USB Stick. It created a bootable USB with 3 partitions. I used GParted to create additional 3 partitions on my dualboot Opensuse/Windows system. I then used DD to copy the partitions from the USB Stick to the newly created partitons. I ran the Grub bootloader and rebooted. I now have a triple boot system with Linux Mint running PathPilot 2.
Left-alt and Left-shift react the same way as PathPilot 1.xx. I now have to modify it to run my G540 based ShopTask Patriot.

More
03 Jun 2018 14:56 #111508 by remartinez
Replied by remartinez on topic Upgrade to Pathpilot 2
Good morning Racedirector,

Have you been able to document the process on getting Pathpilot 2 to work on a non Tormach machine.

Regards,
Raul

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds