Dual boot Windows 10 and PathPilot 2

More
22 Oct 2018 19:44 #119215 by Techsavvy34
Has anyone figured out how to install path pilot after windows is already installed? I've tried installing pathpilot then windows but it wont let me install windows because the disk is MBR and not GPT. So I started fresh and installed windows 10 then downloaded the r-drive program and copied the pathpilot partitions to the drive. I have to figure out how to add pathpilot to the windows boot menu. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 20:34 #119218 by islander261
Do a web search for using Grub to dual boot a windows/linux computer.

John

More
22 Oct 2018 22:34 #119226 by Techsavvy34
Yeah I searched that. I think my problem with windows not installing after pathpilot is because my windows installation USB is efi not uefi. I would just dual boot pathpilot and ubuntu but fusion 360 doesn't support linux.

More
22 Oct 2018 22:54 #119228 by islander261
I have my system setup with Win7 on the its own partitions (so I can run Fusion 360), must be setup first. Then I installed Debian Stretch in 3 remaining partitions, /, /home and swap. Grub is used to boot. I also have two other OSs installed on separate hard disks that Grub also controls. You should be able to do the same thing with the correct Ubuntu version to run PP. The Grub setup is really good at finding all the correct OS installs, only has a problems if you are using bios controlled raid1 disk configurations (still finds OSs correctly but doesn't use the correct logical names for OS boot partitions).

John

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds