Running PathPilot with PWM spindle

More
21 Nov 2020 17:36 #189996 by Vmax549
Hi Guys, need to pick your brains. I have PathPilot running on a PWM spindle now. But I do not have reverse. Forward works as expected but reverse does not activate teh REV pin for some reason. Looking at the Halmeter I can see teh For/Rev pins activate and I have a PWM freq when in forward / reverse but there is no output to the pin. I know teh VFD circuit is working as I can jump teh REV pin over and it does run in reverse. I also know teh internal circuit of PATH pilot does work as I can reverse the control pin numbers for forward and reverse and the function switches . I then have rev but no forward.

SO I am missing something here OR PathPilot is blocking reverse for some reason . And yes it is setup to use PWM type 1 so it should have both signals available. PathPilot has a TON of safety loops in the control code so MAYBE it is blocking reverse ?? Can't imagine why but maybe ??

Has anyone tried a PWM spindle with pathpilot ?? PathPilot does use a PWM on teh 440 and it is single direction. I am running it as 1100S3 for now.

I attatched teh Code i use for PWM spindle in teh hal.

File Attachment:

File Name: Spindle_Di...ion2.txt
File Size:5 KB

(;-) TP
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2020 20:11 #190004 by aleksamc
You have reverse output at pin 22.
Check if board gives output command to spindle with measuring device (I think it should).
If it gives output but spindle doesn't rotate, then check settings of the spindle and wiring.
It's possible that spindle has forbiden reverse in it settings.

More
21 Nov 2020 23:14 #190014 by Vmax549
Yes rev is teh problem on pin22 . It is NOT being activated properly. Something is blocking it from inside PathPilot I believe. The problem is finding out WHERE it is being blocked. I have searched for days now but no luck.

(;-) TP

More
22 Nov 2020 18:34 #190071 by Vmax549
Here is another symptom. When I press REV teh spindle makes about 2 turns then shuts down. Then when you press stop teh spindle makes about 2 turns and shuts down. So it looks like something is blocking the REV pin . But where ??

(;-) TP

More
23 Nov 2020 02:06 #190092 by Vmax549
OK with further reseach nto teh code I do not believe PathPilot can run a VFD with a 2 function forw/rev having 1 pin for each function. From what I gather in their code they use a single pin on for forw and off for rev becuase there is ONLY a forward pin call . It never calls for a setup on a REV pin in teh hal.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

More
25 Nov 2020 20:33 #190286 by aleksamc
It seems that you have Pulse output (Or input on spindle) to spindle.

Look this forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/397...-to-lcnc#177953topic , pissibly it will help.

More
25 Nov 2020 21:05 #190289 by Vmax549
I figured it out. I had to reprogram teh VFD for a different control configuration that PathPilot supported. I used the PWM spindle control code from the 440 code and put it into the 1100-3 model code and changed a few things around and then reconfigured teh VFD to run a matching configuration.

I have foward and rev now . Just have to tune the Hi/lo settings for teh rpm and PWM output to match the machines Spindle rpm band. But it is useable now.

(;-) TP

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds