PathPilot Tormach Clone Setup

More
11 Jan 2021 21:02 #194957 by robertspark
let the fun begin.... hardware + software finally arrived ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 23:50 #195946 by smgvbest
your main objective is to remap signals and remove the dependancy on the freq2pin for the limit switches, 1800hz is door , 2000 hz is limit you basically have to tell PP your hardware is doing that

the next major item is remaping the spindle. PP is setup for Freq Control of a spindle using the stepgen. if you use this all you have to do is play with ini settings to tune it. otherwise you have to remap things to the way yours works.

look for the nets PP uses mostly defined the post gui hal file

the rest as was mentioned is mapping your hardware the same as pp and changing your XZ sizes scaling etc...

Sandra
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnydeen, Whitebarn

More
08 Feb 2021 23:18 - 08 Feb 2021 23:18 #198093 by jonnydeen
"your main objective is to remap signals and remove the dependancy on the freq2pin for the limit switches, 1800hz is door , 2000 hz is limit you basically have to tell PP your hardware is doing that"

i do not mean to side track, but could you possibly elaborate? im very much a newbie to linuxcnc and find this to be a stumbling block. i know that the limits and door switch states are expressed as a frequency and lut5. is used to encode/decode. but i am not sure how to go around bypassing in hal. can i possibly route limits to unused pins on my 7i92?
also looked at using an arduino to output a signal to the mesa but have not been successful with it yet. if i can utilise the unused i/o that would be ideal.
Last edit: 08 Feb 2021 23:18 by jonnydeen.

More
12 Mar 2021 03:56 #201925 by smgvbest
hi, I get on here in spurts so sorry if it takes a while to respond

the Tormach controller looks at the DoorSwitch and limit switches and produces 2 tones, a 1800hz and 2000hz which when present mean the door is open or a limit is tripped. thats the functions of the freq2pin in the hal files. it reads the 2 tones and sets a bit depending on what is seen.

as long as you use the same naming of the nets the GUI doesn't care if its tone or not.

you route your limits and door if desired to any inputs then map to the tormach pins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whitebarn

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds