UnyTouch Touchscreen Driver Install

More
04 Nov 2021 04:09 #225196 by libbybapa
Hello, I recently acquired a Tormach 1100 S3.  I have a UnyTouch U41-T190DS-SBL touchscreen monitor I would like to use with it.  I have installed the touchscreen on a Windows machine and it works fine.  I have never used any machine with Linux before.  When hooked up to the PathPilot controller, I cannot get it to calibrate.  When I enter ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN it enters the calibration screen correctly and allows me to select the first point.  It does not accept the second point, although each time I touch the second point, it resets the timer so it is registering a touch.  I assume it is a driver issue.  I downloaded what I believe to be the correct Linux driver for the touchscreen but I have no idea how to get the driver installed on the PathPilot controller.  Any assistance in how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2021 15:29 - 06 Nov 2021 15:30 #225504 by libbybapa
I did more experimenting and the cursor definitely responds to the touch movements but it is completely out of calibration, and apparently far enough out that the on-board PathPilot calibration is unsuccessful. I did more looking online and found where other people were successful with calibration of similar touchscreens but from what I saw those who were successful were using PathPilot 2.x.x. My machine is currently running PP 1.9.13, so I have ordered the updated version. I had planned to do the update anyway, so this just gave me added incentive to do it right away. I will report back when I get the update done and have a bit of time to do some further experimenting.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2021 15:30 by libbybapa.

More
09 Nov 2021 21:42 - 09 Nov 2021 21:43 #225880 by libbybapa
Just thought I would update this in case anyone runs into the same issue in the future.  My upgrade to PathPilot 2 arrived today.  I installed it and without doing anything other than running the on-board calibration (ADMIN TOUCHSCREEN), the touchscreen works perfectly!
Last edit: 09 Nov 2021 21:43 by libbybapa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds