pathpilot pulse output?

More
03 Jan 2022 21:15 #230682 by BLTVenture
I have a tormach 1100 series 3 with ATC.  I have added a coolant blaster called ACCUBLAST which is awesome servo controlled coolant. I am trying to get pathpilot or fusion or Linux to have a pulsed output to the control of the accublast that tells what tool number is in the spindle. The accublast will auto adjust to the tool length I set in it.  I am not a code writer or any good at linux. So I physically need a wire to connect to the accublast from somewhere on the Tormach and electrically need a pulsed signal to represent the tool number in the spindle. 
I am happy to add an external io board or relay or arduino or something to make this work if I cant do it without.  I hope that makes sense. I started this topic at the CNC Zone and they recommended you all for the Job.
Any help is greatly appreciated. 
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2022 13:35 #230760 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic pathpilot pulse output?
What sort of pulse do you need? A continuous PWM or simply a number of pulses corresponding to the tool number?

I don't know enough about the Tormach machines to know if there are any unallocated general purpose outputs. Do you know?

More
07 Jan 2022 02:23 - 07 Jan 2022 02:25 #231008 by BLTVenture
Replied by BLTVenture on topic pathpilot pulse output?
Hi thanks for the reply, I do not need continuous PWM just a number of pulses corresponding to the tool number. I am not sure of the outputs but I do have the manual and I know they offer an additional input output to relay using a USB M-Code I/O Interface Kit if I need something additional but that is $250.   

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jan 2022 02:25 by BLTVenture.

More
07 Jan 2022 11:17 #231021 by andypugh
Are there any timing constraints on the pulses?

Maybe you could cheat and simply pulse the coolant on and off at a toolchange, and use the signal for both?

Does G-code remapping work with PP?

More
07 Jan 2022 11:19 #231022 by andypugh
(I have moved this to the Pathpilot section in the hope that someone who knows something about PP will see it)

More
08 Jan 2022 15:18 - 08 Jan 2022 15:20 #231128 by BLTVenture
Yeah I am not sure about the pulse time the literature says it can pick up milliseconds of pulses. I also do not know what remapping is, sorry. 
Here is what someone did with a Linux based machine but not pathpilot. Maybe the below will work with my machine and I just dont know how to implement it.  Thanks again for any advice. 

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Jan 2022 15:20 by BLTVenture. Reason: update

More
08 Jan 2022 15:50 #231131 by andypugh
I don't think that anyone will be able to help much until you find out more about your machine.
Specifically whether you have any existing hardware output pins to use.

Can you open a terminal in a PathPilot controller? Does "halcmd show pin" do anything?

More
08 Jan 2022 17:27 #231139 by BLTVenture
I will go try at the machine now. I know I can get into terminal.

More
08 Jan 2022 22:32 #231184 by BLTVenture
I can hit ctrl alt x and terminal opens but I dont know what to put in.  like ADMIN or CMD or what to get information to work in the terminal 
terminal says "operator@tormachpcnc:~$ " but if I type HALCMD it just says "command not found"  I am using PP 2.8.3   I tried " ADMIN HALCMD" same response.  I tried "SUDO HALCMD".  I am not sure what you can do in the path pilot terminal or what I need to type first to accept my commands.

More
09 Jan 2022 00:30 #231203 by footpetaljones
Did Peter give you the M208 macro as well? From shuffling files around various computers I lost it a while ago. Amusingly, no one has ever emailed me about LinuxCNC/AccuBlasts from that document. Going through a USB I/O board won't work, mechanical relays would be much too slow to be practical.

Even using the 7i76e's output was iffy, Peter had to make some changes to the firmware to help it recognize the pulses more accurately. I think I was on 1.10, maybe it's better now, but I haven't played with the unit basically since writing that document.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds