Pathpilot - how does singleblock work?

More
27 Jan 2023 12:39 #263005 by spumco
Something just occurred to me as I was digging through old posts...

Pathpilot has a "singleblock" toggle button on the control, not a "step" button.

I've never used PP... how does this function work?  Is it like the built-in step function in LCNC, or is it more like standard industrial controls where singleblock is a mode and cycle start is used to advance through the program one line at a time?

I'm curious because the 'step' function in LCNC has been discussed off and on as less than satisfactory, and a few workarounds have been attempted.  If Tormach has fiddled with the function enough to mimic standard industrial behavior I'd be interested to know how they did it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2023 22:40 #263031 by snowgoer540
Yep, that's essentially what it does. 

It does skip steps.  For example, If you have:

G90
G20
G54

It will blow through all of those as one line.  Otherwise it goes line by line.

If you know what files you want to look at, and you dont mind me emailing you, I can probably get you started...

More
28 Jan 2023 05:18 #263052 by spumco
Damn, I'd hoped Tormach had fiddled around deep backstage and fixed the motion-message vs gcode lines thing.

Right now I've got a classic-ladder setup copied from a forum post that's working - mostly - like you describe.  Turn single-block 'on', and cycle start will go through the g-code line by line (until, as you say, it hits a non-motion line then plows through).

I don't think it's worth me wasting time hunting around the PP files for no functional improvement.

But thanks much for the offer.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds