mesaflash_for_tormach

More
24 Jun 2024 00:01 #303654 by Dorro1971
Hi folks,

Does anyone have access to the mesaflash source files for v2.10.1 ?

I have been trying to attach a 7I80HDT board but my 2.9.0 mesaflash gets upset, it looks like they have a specific mesaflash that does not include certain boards... I can make the 2.9.0 mesaflash from source but it does not support the 7i80HTD...or 7i92t both of which i wish to use.
The latest version from git need dependencies (libmd-dev)  that don't seem to exist for pathpilots version of linux so that won't work for either...

Any help would be greatly appreciated I don't want to be unable to use these boards...

Thank you 

Dorro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2024 01:43 #303660 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic mesaflash_for_tormach
You could run stock mesaflash from a normal Linux installation
for the one time programming you need, but I suspect you will have
trouble down the road since Pathpilots hm2_eth driver will
not recognize the 7I80HDT or 7I92T. This may be OK depending on
how they handle unrecognized boards (LinuxCNC is OK with
unrecognized boards but prints a warning)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorro1971

More
24 Jun 2024 08:11 - 24 Jun 2024 10:06 #303674 by Dorro1971
Replied by Dorro1971 on topic mesaflash_for_tormach
Thank you PCW,

I can flash using a linux machine, I'll look into how pp handles errors....if I can get it to see the board in the first place i might stand a chance...

PathPilot v 2.9.6 does support the 7i92t, I use that particular board on my lathe and it's fine, pp recognizes the board without issue.

It looks like there is no definition for the 7i80HDT in eth_boards.c, and maybe other places too..I only have mesaflash source for pp2.9.0 and this does not support the 7I80HDT so I can only guess it's been deliberately removed.

PP2.10.1 does reference an ECMT board in some of it's .ini files so it looks like Tormach have also stepped up to the plate due to the lack of Xyliinx fpgas.

I don't know if tormach still release source codes....I'll try my luck! it's woth a few dollas to get this board to work as there is not enough io on the 7i92t for my next project...as a last resort i was thinking of letting the 7i92t handle all the motion stuff and using an arduino or similar with a component to handle the io but its a hell of a faff!

Thank you
Last edit: 24 Jun 2024 10:06 by Dorro1971.

More
09 Jul 2024 23:04 #304774 by Dorro1971
Replied by Dorro1971 on topic mesaflash_for_tormach
Well, after pulling what's left of my hair out I have managed to get Pathpilot to play nicely with a Mesa 7I80HDT...I flashed the board with a custom bitfile, edited pathpilotmanager.py in the python directory...(removed the mesa verify bitfile and forced pathpilot to recognise the board as a 7i80) My thanks to Mesa electronics for keeping the registers and datagrams the same between the xylinx and efinity fpgas.

I managed to get my 7I96S to almost work but of course the transformer drive for the isolated output would not work...I thought about modifying the output drive to normal ssr's but didn't see the point.

Now I have 72 pins at my disposal..

If there is any interest I will explain in more detail, I suspect most ethernet boards would work depending on the types of modules required.

Once again, my thanks to Mesa electronics for a great product range.

Dorro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds