Looking for the cheapest plasma cutter that will work with Mesa THCAD

More
24 Jan 2020 16:06 #155655 by AgentWD40

What ya doing there, Rod? Building another spaceship?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2020 16:43 #155656 by rodw

I had in mind to try and build some kind of reference build for the 7i96 mounted on a plasma cuttable case and keep it as compact as possible and all mounted on a DIN rail. The power supplies I used for the spaceship are massively oversized. One day I'll get back to it.

More
24 Jan 2020 17:40 #155658 by BlueManRising
Good idea on the 24v, I'll take a look when I get home from work, but right now it appears to be good, only time will tell, I'm sure something is going to blow up eventually lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 Jan 2020 18:57 #155666 by AgentWD40

I had in mind to try and build some kind of reference build for the 7i96 mounted on a plasma cuttable case and keep it as compact as possible and all mounted on a DIN rail. The power supplies I used for the spaceship are massively oversized. One day I'll get back to it.

So as not do derail this thread do you have a build thread for that project? Sounds very interesting.

More
24 Jan 2020 19:11 #155667 by rodw

So as not do derail this thread do you have a build thread for that project? Sounds very interesting.

No just what you see and a complete list of pin assignments. Using Hypersensing frees up a couple of pins on the 7i96 so it allows all limit and home switches plus engraver and drill tools.

More
20 Mar 2021 13:37 #202978 by asuratman
Hi Rodw,
Do you have wiring diagram for 2 ea THCAD (5V and 10V) for Ohmic sensor and THC to 7i76 or 7i96 ? I found only 1 ea THCAD10 to 7i96. If I am not wrong linuxcnc does not need THC that is why mostly linuxcnc only use THCAD10 as ohmic sensor. It is good to know for both wiring diagram for reference.

"I had in mind to try and build some kind of reference build for the 7i96 mounted on a plasma cuttable case and keep it as compact as possible and all mounted on a DIN rail. The power supplies I used for the spaceship are massively oversized. One day I'll get back to it."

More
20 Mar 2021 19:13 #203019 by rodw
If you use the Mesa bit file ending in pl.bit you can down load from their 7i96 product page, it gives 3 x encoder A inputs so you just use the B signals for the second.

this process is fully described in my video tutorial

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds