Better UI for Plasma

More
26 Oct 2020 21:12 #187342 by grijalvap
Hi it has been long time since my last plasma project
I'm starting a new one and I want to implement all the improvements made to the plasma LinuxCNC world.
so I have some clear Ideas about to use PlasmaC component and THCAD-10 for THC control.
but what about the User interface, I have used axis and Gmocapy for plasma bath of them perform well but I want to read from you
what about MonoKrome? or there is other than you can recommend?

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2020 21:23 #187344 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Better UI for Plasma
Axis.
Maybe MonoCrome if KJC manages to finish it, but it is way to much work for him to do alone, unfortunately i have grown tired of QT and it's never ending dependencies and issues ..... still i asked him to put together a quick video on editing QTPyVCP stuff so i can help him a bit, but that again adds to his work load.
Someone should really start helping him...

More
26 Oct 2020 21:46 #187346 by thefabricator03
When I moved over from CommandCNC, I though the Axis interface was outdated. Now having used it for over a year I can say it might look old compared to modern interfaces but it works very well.

When the MonoChrome interface is finished I will look at switching but for now Axis is working well.

More
27 Oct 2020 08:04 #187389 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Better UI for Plasma
Did you guys see Phills's post here? forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38521-gui-for-plasmac?start=80
Axis is not touch screen friendly and Gmoccapy is not plasma friendly so I live in hope!

More
27 Oct 2020 18:13 #187448 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Better UI for Plasma
Shhhh that was supposed to be a secret !
Well now it is out (well it was out but a bit hidden ), Phil is also working on a GUI for PlasmaC ! :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds