Connecting a mechanic limit switch to 7i76e

More
22 Dec 2020 21:40 #192869 by txtrone
Just so I know, how does a simple mechanical limit switch connect to the 7i76e card? These have three terminals, NO NC COM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2020 21:42 #192872 by rodw

Just so I know, how does a simple mechanical limit switch connect to the 7i76e card? These have three terminals, NO NC COM

Loop +24v from field power (common connector, through the switch back to the input.
Choose the switch connectors for NO or NC depending on your needs.

More
22 Dec 2020 21:48 #192875 by txtrone

Loop +24v from field power (common connector, through the switch back to the input.
Choose the switch connectors for NO or NC depending on your needs.

Where do I connect 24+ to switch? Do I connect 24+ to the common on the switch and then back to an input on the Mesa card, followed by a wire from NO or NC to the Mesa card?

More
22 Dec 2020 22:15 #192880 by rodw
See attached High Quality Cad file!

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, txtrone

More
22 Dec 2020 22:19 #192882 by rodw
And for your solenoid outputs

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: txtrone

More
22 Dec 2020 22:20 #192883 by txtrone
What is the diode for?

More
22 Dec 2020 23:16 #192895 by tommylight
To protect the electronics from the induced current/voltage when the load is disconnected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: txtrone

More
23 Dec 2020 01:01 #192906 by txtrone
Makes sense, I ordered up a din mount with 16 diodes. I can pick it up tomorrow with some right angle M12 connectors that I need to fit the proximity sensors in a couple tight places.

This reminds me, right now I turn my controller on and off with the flick of a button on a power strip. However, on my previous controller I would power it up and then press a button that energized the motors (perhaps other electronics as well) ... before turning the power off to the unit there was another button that drained the power (or something like that) from the electronics. Should I have something like that in place? thx

More
23 Dec 2020 01:07 #192907 by txtrone
This makes sense I think. The COM on the mechanical switch connects to one of the analog inputs on the Mesa card, while the NC (switch) would be connected to the 24+ on the bus bar?

More
23 Dec 2020 15:11 #192969 by txtrone

And for your solenoid outputs

I do not quite understand where the diode would go. Does it go on the output wire between the Mesa card and the solenoid?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.719 seconds