request of information about plasma cutter

More
06 Mar 2021 11:24 #201173 by sibelius
Hello

I will try to put things together in my logic.
At the present stage, between the 24VDC and the mesa card there is no switch, no relay or other form of interrupts; only two cables going from the 24VDC into the mesa card.
The position of the relay I was talking about is before the 24VDC power supply; so it is on the AC side.
In my understanding what Mr Rod was saying is that even on the AC side having a relay is not a good practice.
I saw his video that explain very well how do the wiring from the AC side to the 24VDC power supply down the line.
What I cannot figure out is the following: In the video Mr Rod start from left to right of the din rail with a set of wiring blocks that link the AC 230V to the first 24VDC power supply (white color) and from this power supply into a power strip distributor.
Now just after the white 24VDC power supply there is another component that in my understanding is another 24VDC power supply that does not seems sending power to the power strip distributor (like the white power supply) but it seems connected to the wiring block at the beginning.

So I don't quite understand the role of this component down the line.
In my case I was thinking to leave my wiring how it is on the DC side because as I said there is nothing between my 24VDC and the mesa card and remove the relay on the AC side and wiring straight the 230V into my 24VDC; witch is basically what Mr Rod did on his video and leave out that component that Mr Rod positioned after his white power supply.

I am not sure if what I said make sense.
I really appreciate your help.

Regards,
V.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2021 13:02 #201182 by Clive S

At the present stage, between the 24VDC and the mesa card there is no switch, no relay or other form of interrupts; only two cables going from the 24VDC into the mesa card.
The position of the relay I was talking about is before the 24VDC power supply; so it is on the AC side.

That is perfectly OK if you want to switch the AC side of the power supply with a relay
The following user(s) said Thank You: sibelius

More
06 Mar 2021 20:46 #201211 by sibelius
Thanks
Now I think i got it.
I have to say that I missreaded what M Rod wroted.
He actually did not said that the relay on the AC side is not a good practice.
Sorry my fault.

Thanks again everyone for the precious help.
Regards,
V.

More
06 Mar 2021 22:48 #201228 by rodw

Hello

Now just after the white 24VDC power supply there is another component that in my understanding is another 24VDC power supply that does not seems sending power to the power strip distributor (like the white power supply) but it seems connected to the wiring block at the beginning.

So I don't quite understand the role of this component down the line.

Regards,
V.

So this second power supply is a seperate isolated power supply used for ohmic sensing via a THCAD-5. I call it hypersensing. There is more detail in the Plasma Primer from the main documentation page for 2.8 and 2.9

More
06 Mar 2021 23:07 #201231 by sibelius
Great!
Thanks again for your help Mr Rod.

Regards,
V.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds