multi-joint homing sequence

More
22 Mar 2021 17:42 #203268 by motal2004
Hi,
My 4'x4' cnc plasma table X, Y, Y' Z , my X & Z axis Home but my Ys are not homing , the gantry y axis , moves in unison but for some reason Y' proximity sensor get triggered, like it supposed to, and my y does not and keeps on moving . I get an error on the screen about joint 2 coming up, is there something I have to change with the synchronization sequence. again this issues I didn't have with my first build.

also can some one point me in the direction to have a wired connection , to mesa 7i96, and have the Wi-Fi connection connected at the same time. I manage to connect 1 or the other but not both at the same time.

Thanks again everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2021 17:46 #203269 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic multi-joint homing sequence
Can you post your HAL and INI?

More
22 Mar 2021 20:16 #203287 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic multi-joint homing sequence

Hi,
My 4'x4' cnc plasma table X, Y, Y' Z , my X & Z axis Home but my Ys are not homing , the gantry y axis , moves in unison but for some reason Y' proximity sensor get triggered, like it supposed to, and my y does not and keeps on moving . I get an error on the screen about joint 2 coming up, is there something I have to change with the synchronization sequence. again this issues I didn't have with my first build.

When this happens in my experience (and it happened on the weekend when I was helping somebody else) it is becasue the prox sensors are wired to the wrong joint. When we checked the stepper drives, they were swapped around. Just changing them solved the issue.

Be sure the stepgen wiring to the drive is consistent. We were using Mesa so Stepgen 0 must be connected to Joint 0 and so on. Its very easy to get confused becasue the behaviour appears correct and you don't see the affect of swapped motor wiring anywhere. (other than the wrong home switch gets triggered so homing does not work.

More
23 Mar 2021 03:40 #203343 by motal2004
45 minutes later...I found my problem, i crossed 2 wires. :silly:
Homing sequence working , just have to do the stepper tunings and on to starting plasmaC
Thanks for the feedback guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds