Toroidal power supply and Gecko stepper questions

More
20 May 2021 00:00 #209582 by rodw

I have not had much luck with thermistors, but it is pretty simple to do it with a resistor and a relay if you add a bit of magic. And that magic is HAL.

I went back through my notes and this is what they provided

au.rs-online.com/web/p/thermistor-ics/18...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just wired them up and it worked!

I am using a couple of 7 amp Moon Nema 34's for the Y axis, and a 2 amp NEMA 24's on the Y axis. I had planned to use another Sanyo Denki for the Z axis but it did not like the 6 amp driver I had so I'm still using a cheap Chinese Nema 23 on the Z. Lam said there would be a solution. Eventually I will swap out the drive for a 3 amp one. The Sanyo's punch well beyond their weight. They have very high rotational inertia (and torque) for the form factor.

Remember the Lams give full rated current not RMS per the normal motor sec so I am not giving the 34's the full 7 amps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: txtrone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2021 00:09 #209583 by txtrone

I have not had much luck with thermistors, but it is pretty simple to do it with a resistor and a relay if you add a bit of magic. And that magic is HAL.

I went back through my notes and this is what they provided

au.rs-online.com/web/p/thermistor-ics/18...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just wired them up and it worked!

I am using a couple of 7 amp Moon Nema 34's for the Y axis, and a 2 amp NEMA 24's on the Y axis. I had planned to use another Sanyo Denki for the Z axis but it did not like the 6 amp driver I had so I'm still using a cheap Chinese Nema 23 on the Z. Lam said there would be a solution. Eventually I will swap out the drive for a 3 amp one. The Sanyo's punch well beyond their weight. They have very high rotational inertia (and torque) for the form factor.

Remember the Lams give full rated current not RMS per the normal motor sec so I am not giving the 34's the full 7 amps.

Thanks for the info Rod!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds