Qtplasmac 7i96s thcad-10

More
11 Aug 2022 14:04 #249518 by Dhoerauf
good morning linuxcnc,

i am new to linuxcnc and i am having a little trouble getting my thc to activate. i get voltage readings on the display and they do change with adding 9v battery, there are no lights on up and down during cut and the active led never lights. i use sheetcam with post processor for plasmac, im running buildbots master version 2.9 i have a cut50-l blowback start plasma cutter with a 50:1 3T robotics voltage devider mounted inside my cutter.  included are my .hal .ini test gcode.
I have run GRBL for years and i just want to upgrade to linuxcnc.

thanks for the help!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2022 18:57 #249541 by snowgoer540
Thanks for the files attached.  Most dont include the cut file, which can help.  The ini and hal is useful, but it's really better if you post an entire backup of your config made from the parameters (or settings) tab.  This has all the preferences and what not and really helps show what might be going on.

That said, in the meantime, did you check the box next to THC Enable?  Did THC Active LED light up?

More
11 Aug 2022 19:27 #249543 by Dhoerauf
Replied by Dhoerauf on topic Qtplasmac 7i96s thcad-10
Hello,Thanks for the reply. I have checked the THC enable box and the THC active light never lights up. The machine fires, moves, cuts, i see voltages changing. i did change the divider to 30:1 to get my 0 - 100 voltages closer to where they were supposed to be. I just dont get up and down led activity or active led.

Thanks again for all the help.
I have been running linux as my main os for years, nothing like it.
Attachments:

More
11 Aug 2022 22:04 #249558 by snowgoer540
I dont see anything that jumps out at me.  I dont have time to simulate the config at the moment, but I imagine Phill will probably have a peek here in a bit and hopefully it's something that's obvious to him.

More
11 Aug 2022 22:13 #249559 by Dhoerauf
i'm pretty good at this and nothing seems out of place to me my voltages are very close to frequency levels g-code looks right, settings seem correct. I'm just new to linuxcnc nomenclature so it would be easy for me to miss something.

thanks

More
11 Aug 2022 22:55 #249561 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Qtplasmac 7i96s thcad-10
In Plasma.ini  the maximum velocity is set at 25 (mm/sec) which is 1500 mm/min and the default material in Plasma.prefs has a Cut Feed Rate of 4000 mm/min.
The velocity will never get high enough to activate THC, it needs to get to the Cut Feed Rate for initial activation.
You need to increase the MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY in the [TRAJ] section plus the all the MAX_VELOCITY setting in the [AXIS_?] and [JOINT_?] sections. Note that the [AXIS_?] values need to be double the corresponding [JOINT_?] values. All these values are mm/sec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
11 Aug 2022 23:29 #249562 by Dhoerauf
i will give that a try in the am. It looks promising.

Thank you

More
12 Aug 2022 18:11 #249608 by Dhoerauf
Worked like a charm!!!!
thanks so much for all the great help.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds