Plasma-worn belts.

More
20 Sep 2022 13:46 #252401 by paulsao
Plasma-worn belts. was created by paulsao
Greetings friends. Could someone help me with the problem I have, 2 weeks ago I bought some 15mm htd3 bands for my plasma because the previous ones were already worn out, now that I make some cuts I see that the dimensions are not correct, does anyone know why they are so damaged? quickly the bands, maybe I'm putting them wrong?. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2022 20:59 - 20 Sep 2022 21:00 #252442 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Plasma-worn belts.
It would help to see some pictures of your setup.  Otherwise we'd just be guessing in the dark. 

Also, I am going to move this to the plasma and laser section to get more visibility as this is not gui specific.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2022 21:00 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, paulsao

More
20 Sep 2022 22:36 #252448 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Plasma-worn belts.
If the 15mm belts got worn beyond usability in such a short time frame, there is something very wrong mechanically with the machine, OR to powerful motors with very high accelerations, but i doubt it is the latter as that would be easy to hear while the machine is in use.
-
I use HTD3 15mm wide on all my machines, on both Y axis, and GT2 10mm wide on X axis. They are in use for over 2 years, daily, in shops that work from 7AM to 5PM every day, during summer even Sundays, i never had a belt fail. Mine are POW-GE or similar, china made but at 12 Euro/meter not cheap.
I had them doing 55 meters/minute for several days, all day, still did not fail.
So, you see why i am so baffled at this.... :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
21 Sep 2022 21:33 #252534 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Plasma-worn belts.
These are the belt that I use and the mechanical part, maybe my mistake would be to adjust it too much? As you adjust it, now I'm going to buy again.
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds