Single-cut doesn't work after upgrading to latest QtPlasmac

More
02 Aug 2023 19:03 #276789 by Hakan
Single-cut has been working just fine, but then I did an 'apt update' and 'apt upgrade' yesterday and after that the single-cut doesn't work anymore. "M03 command detected before movement."

I have tracked it down to qtplasma_handler generates movement such as 'G53 G0 X123.456 Y234.567' for single_cut.ngc
but this isn't properly handled by qtplasma_gcode. If I go in and modify the movements to 'G53 G00 X..' then it works fine again.
I checked the code and I don't understand everything but it seems like G0,G1 will be transformed into G00,G01 and then used, but that fails when there is a G53 first on the line. Or something along those lines. A saw there were massive changes in this code section so here is feedback that this part need mending.

I can fix it and run-in-place, but I rather use the debian-delivered version. Trying to keep it as standard as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2023 19:57 #276794 by snowgoer540
Thanks for the bug report; we will take a look and get it squished asap.

The gcode filter changed a bit recently, seems like single cut slipped through the cracks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
02 Aug 2023 20:13 #276795 by rodw

I can fix it and run-in-place, but I rather use the debian-delivered version. Trying to keep it as standard as possible.

Hakan,
The version iin  Debian 12 (Bookworm) is a snapshot from a few months ago. Debian locks a release so it cant be upgraded. Its possible that the issue has been fixed. Fotunately we have a buildbot now for Debian Bookworm and its fully documented in the getting linuxcnc chpater.

Please follow these steps to link to the buildbot to upgrade to the latest version.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/getting-start...an_bookworm_x86_only

Then if QTplasmac (or any part of Linuxcnc 2.9) is upgraded, you just need to  do an apt upgrade once the buildbot has done its job.

More
02 Aug 2023 23:08 #276801 by snowgoer540

Its possible that the issue has been fixed.

OP is on the latest version as I see the issue here.

More
03 Aug 2023 00:00 #276802 by rodw
Then I suspect the error has been there for a while because he said:  I rather use the debian-delivered version. Trying to keep it as standard as possible. 

At least there is now a method to get to the latest version without compiling from source 

More
03 Aug 2023 00:29 #276804 by snowgoer540

Then I suspect the error has been there for a while because he said: 

As I mentioned, the gcode filter changed recently and this slipped through the cracks. I didnt specifically mention it, but I checked out commit 2bd4f00 which is the one right before the gcode filter changes, and single cut works fine.

Since the beginning part of OP's sentence you quoted was: "I can fix it and run-in-place,". I took that to mean he was referring to RIP vs Package install.

More
03 Aug 2023 02:11 #276811 by phillc54
A fix has been pushed.

More
03 Aug 2023 05:31 #276818 by Hakan
.. and it works over here. Thanks.

Yeah, debian-based, I checked that and I have followed instructions and use the buildbot so I meant to say that instead of debian-based.
I mean I prefer a ready package instead of building it myself.
I most have forgotten about that during the struggle to get rid of the "Error finishing read". Tried many 6 kernels, 5 kernels and now I am at 4.19.288 which works fine. Thankfully a "Error finishing read" didn't mean a crash, but still annoying.

More
03 Aug 2023 05:38 #276819 by phillc54

.. and it works over here. Thanks.

No worries, sorry I broke it earlier.

Yeah, debian-based, I checked that and I have followed instructions and use the buildbot so I meant to say that instead of debian-based.

I figured that from you saying that you did an upgrade as there are no upgrades from Debian yet.

More
03 Aug 2023 06:17 #276824 by rodw

I most have forgotten about that during the struggle to get rid of the "Error finishing read". Tried many 6 kernels, 5 kernels and now I am at 4.19.288 which works fine. Thankfully a "Error finishing read" didn't mean a crash, but still annoying.

Great its going for you now...
The EFR is a real nuisance. PCW says its mostly fixed in 6.4. The 6.5 RT patch was released today so I will give the 6.5 kernel a go soon.

I finally got sick of Windows breaking, I bought another SSD today and am planning on dual booting Debian and giving the WIndows a flick unless I really need it! Once I get that bedded down, I'll give it a go.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds