Did I fry my thc?

More
05 Sep 2024 01:20 #309386 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Did I fry my thc?
You can add a simple parallel port breakout to the 7I97s parallel
expansion connector to buffer step/dir or PWM signals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2024 01:26 #309387 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Did I fry my thc?
TB6600 and all those packaged drives can not do DC motors at all and all require step/dir signaling, so yes you can probably use the normal 7i97T outputs but it will be of very little use due to limited step rate, most probably (not sure as i have not used 7i97T).
But 7i97T should have a IDC26 header and those pins can be used for almost everything, including doing very fast step rates, although this might need modified firmware or it might already exist, again i do not know for sure.
If this last option is feasible, using a cheap BOB is a good idea as it will provide a bit of protection for the FPGA from miss wiring or excessive voltage.
You can skip all of the above if your PC has a parallel port or if you have an add on parallel port card.
This should have been my first question, so does the existing DC motor have an encoder attached?
And a friendly warning, BTS7960 maximum working voltage is 16V, if i recall correctly. They are made for in car use.

More
05 Sep 2024 04:07 #309391 by bentiggin
Replied by bentiggin on topic Did I fry my thc?
The motor has an encoder.
The motor is 24v.
I thought the bts7960 was 27v max?
and I already had a 24v 6.5a power supply laying around I was hoping would work. The motor was powered with a toroid, but I can’t find any specs on it.
I don’t why I didn’t think of a bob, I already have one somewhere.
I didn’t even think about isolating the 7i97t, I’d be pretty bummed if I burned it up somehow.
Not only do I not have a parallel port, but everything is up on the gantry besides the pc, so the bob seems like the best fit.
Plus I’m trying to replace my memories of mach3 and parallel ports with Linuxcnc and Ethernet.

More
05 Sep 2024 06:15 #309394 by bentiggin
Replied by bentiggin on topic Did I fry my thc?
Now I realize you said maximum “working” voltage. Hmm

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds