Help

More
12 May 2021 00:18 #208608 by Ingo
Help was created by Ingo
Hello friends, I apologize for the beginner's questions ... I work with CNC for more than 20 years with Retrofiting and LinuxCNC I am just one ... I have a machine that is not leaving a beautiful finish, on the contrary, when it will make the top o finish looks awful. I already tried to change the PID of the controller of the servo drives and I was not very successful, it improved more but it didn’t solve it. I'm suspecting that it's post processing and I don't know anything about it, I know that the client uses WORKNC, someone could help. Thank you very much

Ingo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2021 21:26 #208651 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Help
That looks quite pretty, but I guess it is not what was wanted.

Are the spindle bearings in good condition?

It could be the Z axis PID. If you use Halscope to look at the Z axis position feedback and PID error do you see a cyclic oscillation?

More
13 May 2021 00:53 #208680 by Ingo
Replied by Ingo on topic Help
Hello andypugh, so it's really ugly, the bearings have been replaced with new ones. I worked on the PID, but it may not be good, I didn't notice any changes, for better or worse. I don't know how to use Halscope, I need to learn ....

More
13 May 2021 12:14 #208727 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Help
The halscope UI is a bit strange even if you already know how to use an Oscilloscope.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/hal/tutorial....ec:tutorial-halscope

(You can start it from the "Machine" menu in Axis, I am not sure about other UIs. But you can always get it with the command line "loadusr" given in the tutorial.

Though, the tutorial does assume that you are already in a halcmd session. There is a lot to be said for starting from the top and running through that whole tutorial.

More
03 Jun 2021 10:32 #211081 by Ingo
Replied by Ingo on topic Help
Hi,

Thanks for the help, I managed to solve. There were two situations, the first was the Z-axis drive parameter, I increased it proportionally until the motor started to resonate, then I decreased 30% of the value, it was very good. And in interpolation it generated a little mark in the axis reversal and I managed to solve it using G64 P0.002, before I was using G64 P0.02.... The machine is fine Bia machining molds of automotive dies.

Thank you very much for this tips.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds