Sheetcam to Tormach 1300PL?

More
12 Dec 2022 20:41 #259268 by tachoknight
Hi all-

We recently purchased a 1300PL from Tormach and while their Fusion 360 post processor works well, I'd like to be able to offer options with Sheetcam as well. I know there isn't a 1300PL post processor built-in with Sheetcam, and was thinking about starting with the LinuxCNC one and tweaking it to fit generally what Fusion 360 is spitting out, then making it available as open source for anyone else with a similar table. 

Before really diving in, my basic questions are: would LinuxCNC be a good starting point, or would there be a different Sheetcam post to start and tweak, and, is it really true nobody else has done this before? I'd hate to duplicate already established work.

Thanks!

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2022 01:34 #259287 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Sheetcam to Tormach 1300PL?
If you duck over to the Sheetcam forum, you'll get better answers.
Less Newell the developer would probably write a post for you...

More
13 Dec 2022 15:10 #259319 by tachoknight
Great, thanks Rod, I didn't know about the Sheetcam forum; I'll see if anyone has any info there. Thanks!

More
15 Dec 2022 01:15 #259526 by andypugh
Given that Pathpilot _is_ LinuxCNC, I would rather expect the Sheetcam LinuxCNC post to just work.

More
15 Dec 2022 06:00 #259537 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Sheetcam to Tormach 1300PL?

Given that Pathpilot _is_ LinuxCNC, I would rather expect the Sheetcam LinuxCNC post to just work.

I suspect they will be quite different in the height probing and materials handling. QTplasmac does a lot of things with external offsets that would normally be done with gcode.. NOt to mention running its own filter on gcode files when opened...

More
15 Dec 2022 16:47 #259563 by tachoknight
I thought so too but it does not; its Z height probing is different and that's what I'm trying to work out right now.

More
15 Dec 2022 17:09 #259564 by tachoknight
And it turns out there already is a post processor for Sheetcam, Les responded that it is there, I guess I somehow missed it. Thanks everyone!

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds