How to add HAL pins to QtPyVCP?

More
14 Apr 2019 07:40 #130827 by scotta
Hi Kurt,

Excellent work and thank you. Your efforts are truly appreciated! Sorry for the late reply I have been travelling in the US and just gotten back into Australia today. A really quick look and the only additional widget I can think of is a Progress Bar.

I'd love a slider widget that then incorporates a progress bar. Use the slider to set the required temperature and the groove is the progress bar showing the actual temperature. Now that would be cool!

I'll do a pull and have a bit of a play with the new widgets.

Thanks

Scott
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2019 07:45 - 14 Apr 2019 18:22 #130828 by scotta
I'm getting closer to be happy to share soon. It's working great for motion and digital IO at the moment. So end stops are working. I just want to migrate the PID controller to the LPC1768 and it will be fully functional again. The first version was Arduino based.

In essence, spiPRU, is a cheap way to take off the shelf 3d printer control boards and turn them into a motion and IO module for the RPi.

Scott
Last edit: 14 Apr 2019 18:22 by scotta.

More
14 Apr 2019 19:58 - 14 Apr 2019 20:05 #130869 by scotta
Kurt,

Again fantastic work. With the HAL functionality you have now truly created a fully customisable VCP environment!

A really simple test.

HalSlider - objectName:bed_temp_SP
HalLabel - objectName:bed_temp_PV
HalLCDNumber - objectName:bed_temp_SP_LCD

custom_postgui.hal
net bed-temp qtpyvcp.bed-temp-SP.out-f => qtpyvcp.bed-temp-PV.in
net bed-temp => qtpyvcp.bed-temp-SP-LCD.in-f

Result:

Nice!!

Scott
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2019 20:05 by scotta.

More
14 Apr 2019 20:18 #130870 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic How to add HAL pins to QtPyVCP?
Scott, glad the HAL widgets work for you!
I like your idea of the combined setpoint slider and readout, I'll have a go at making that.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
14 Apr 2019 20:34 #130871 by scotta
Thanks Kurt,

The only other thing that would be really cool would be a HAL plot widget. For my 3D Printer UI this would be allow the trending of temperatures over time, something other Printer UI's have... I really need to learn more Python.

BR

Scott

More
15 Apr 2019 03:16 #130882 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic How to add HAL pins to QtPyVCP?
A HAL plot widget would be useful for all sorts of things. PyQtGraph is a very capable PyQt based plotting toolkit that would be easy to integrate with QtPyVCP. There are other parts of QtPyVCP I need to concentrate on now, but if you would like to play with adding a HAL plot widget I would be more than happy to help guide you.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
15 Apr 2019 21:27 #130930 by scotta
Hi Kurt,

Thanks. I keen to learn some more python so that would be great. Probably the simplest way would for the HAL Plot Widget to create it's own pins and use the custom_postgui.hal file to net the required connections. Then how to format range and spans... First step though is to understand the widget framework.

BR

Scott

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds