Probe_basic doesn‘t write all tools [solved]

More
18 Feb 2020 18:40 - 01 Mar 2020 11:17 #157737 by anfänger
Hi, I changed to qtpyvcp probe_basic and my machine is running now but I have two issues one is that when I hit save tools some of the tools offsets are deleted. And I don‘t know why. The whole tool table was initially set up by probe basic. Is there something I need to take care of?

And the second is even if I am using probe_basic I am working with ha 3d dial indicator to pick up my coordinates. zeroing is quite easy but how can I calculate and manually set values for work offsets?

Thanks Patrick
Last edit: 01 Mar 2020 11:17 by anfänger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2020 13:54 #158002 by bbsr_5a
Servus
Umlaute im Englischen Forum sind echt Übel
zum Problem
wenn du die tool BAK löschst dann sollte kein werkzeug mehr geändert werden
die manuellen ofsets kanst du im werkzeugkatalog von QTpyvcp ändern
und die ofsets kanst du auch mit einem MDI setzen

More
20 Feb 2020 20:03 #158055 by anfänger
Ja das mit den Umlauten war doof von mir. Wollte eigentlich in den deutschen Teil, da ist aber so wenig los, dass ich mich dann auf englisch besonnen habe.
Danke für den Hinweis mit der Bak Datei.

Gruß Patrick

More
22 Feb 2020 02:22 #158173 by Lcvette
patrick,

we are fixing a bug right now actually that deals with an issue with the tool offset not being recognized in the tool.tbl file because the number being recorded is 6 decimal places and hits the diameter value with no space making it one long unrecognizable integer to the interpereter. this may be what you are running into. you can open the tool.tbl file and look and see if that is the case. if so for now you must manually truncate the offset so there is a space between the end of the offset value and the D for the diametr offset.

excample:

T4 P4 X0.0 Y0.0 Z4.4337 D0.25 ; 1/4" 3 Flute 45 deg Helix 1.250 loc 3.250 oal

bad exmaple that causes an error:
T4 P4 X0.0 Y0.0 Z4.433712D0.25 ; 1/4" 3 Flute 45 deg Helix 1.250 loc 3.250 oal

pop in on the qtpyvcp irq if you need specific help to probe basic or qtpyvcp issues, someone is usually always in there that can help or note a bug find!

Thanks,

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
22 Feb 2020 19:11 #158229 by KCJ
This bug has been fixed in latest master branch of QtPyVCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
24 Feb 2020 05:25 #158357 by anfänger
Thanks I updated and will check.

But a big memo to my self:
„ Make more backups you stupid fool“

More
25 Feb 2020 19:52 - 01 Mar 2020 11:17 #158484 by anfänger
Last edit: 01 Mar 2020 11:17 by anfänger.

More
16 Jun 2020 16:52 #171863 by Roger S
Hello everybody

Since I don't speak English, I hope that I will be understood. I come from the Windows world and have now discovered Linuxcncn. I use a Mesa 7i76e as hardware and as a screen the Probe Basic. The installation of Linuxcnc and qtpyvcp worked without problems. My test setup of the controller and the Probe Basic Screnn work perfectly, except for a little something. When calling the M6 ​​G43 command, the following error message appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/roger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/vtk_backplot/vtk_backplot.py", line 576, in load_program
self.canon.draw_lines()
File "/home/roger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/vtk_backplot/vtk_backplot.py", line 220, in draw_lines
path_actor.poly_data.SetPoints(path_actor.points)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'poly_data'

As I am an absolute newcomer, as I said, I do not know how to fix this error.

More
16 Jun 2020 17:32 #171864 by Lcvette

Hello everybody

Since I don't speak English, I hope that I will be understood. I come from the Windows world and have now discovered Linuxcncn. I use a Mesa 7i76e as hardware and as a screen the Probe Basic. The installation of Linuxcnc and qtpyvcp worked without problems. My test setup of the controller and the Probe Basic Screnn work perfectly, except for a little something. When calling the M6 ​​G43 command, the following error message appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/roger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/vtk_backplot/vtk_backplot.py", line 576, in load_program
self.canon.draw_lines()
File "/home/roger/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/vtk_backplot/vtk_backplot.py", line 220, in draw_lines
path_actor.poly_data.SetPoints(path_actor.points)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'poly_data'

As I am an absolute newcomer, as I said, I do not know how to fix this error.

you need to load a program. try loading the blank.ngc in the examples folder! should do the trick!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger S

More
17 Jun 2020 04:41 #171892 by Roger S
good morning Lcvette

thank you very much for your help. I will try this out tonight.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds