Set work Offsets

More
29 Feb 2020 19:23 - 29 Feb 2020 19:28 #158836 by Blume
Set work Offsets was created by Blume
Hi,
I use the Probe_basic screen. At the moment i use "Machine -> Set work Offsets" very often.
I want to know if its possible to change the screen and insert this window in my main screen. Or make the market box changeable .

regards
Stefan
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Feb 2020 19:28 by Blume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2020 00:03 #159126 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Set work Offsets
I assume you want a GUI way? It is possible to set G54 offsets directly through MDI commands using the G10 command. But I suspect that is not what you are asking?

More
04 Mar 2020 01:30 #159134 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Set work Offsets

Hi,
I use the Probe_basic screen. At the moment i use "Machine -> Set work Offsets" very often.
I want to know if its possible to change the screen and insert this window in my main screen. Or make the market box changeable .

regards
Stefan

im not sure i follow your work flow description can you elaborate on it? on the right side of the screen at the bottom of the jog direction buttons is a tab named custom that has all of the work offset buttons, you can quickly change between work offsets by selecting the offset you desire. to set a work offset you simply hit the zero buttons with the machine in position and the offset you want selected.

and it is truly designed to make quick work of it by using a touch probe which auto sets the work offset to whatever geometry you selected from the probing operations, ie corners, boss centers pocket centers etc..

but the answer is you can change probe basic any way you would like but it will take some learning to understand how everything is connected. it is a more robust gui and therefore has alot of connections and formatting which can quickly come undone if not careful when editing.

im not sure what you refer to as market box in your statement either, but perhaps clarifying some of those things would help provide better feedback!

Chris

More
04 Apr 2020 16:52 #162689 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Set work Offsets

Hi,

regards
Stefan

A work offset table will allow you to type in your desired value and use a button and slot to save

More
05 Apr 2024 11:26 #297636 by Frogmate
Replied by Frogmate on topic Set work Offsets
I have a question regarding work and tool offsets.

I recently finished my CNC after many years and I am having an issue with figuring out how to set work and tool offsets on Probe_Basic.

I have a mechanical 50mm z height tool setter and a Hamier 3d probe.

How would I go about setting the work and tool offsets manually?

I know this question is probably super annoying, but I literally don't know anything about CNC machining.

Kind regards,
Frogmate

More
06 Apr 2024 15:52 #297685 by Lcvette
this question requires additional information from you. what type of tools do you use? repeatable holders or non repeatable holders etc. if using repeatable holders such as cat/bt/tts/iso etc, then you can use the spindle nose as the gauge line with which to measure tool lengths against. the spindle nose will be 0.0000 offset and all tools will be the distance from the spindle nose to the tip of the tool.

to measure this with a height setter gauge what i do is place the gauge on the table somewhere solid and flat, bring the spindle nose down until it reads 0.000 on the gauge, then i set the z work offset to zero.

now load a tool in the spindle and bring it down until the gauge reads zero.

the number in the z axis dro will now be the length from the spindle nose to that tool tip. you will enter the absolute value of that dro reading as the tool length offset in the tool table.

load the next tool and repeat the process.

if you are using non repeatable holders or an er type spindle then no tool length offset is required and you typically will set the work offset zero for each tool you loaded at the time of loading, this can be done with the gauge if you know the height and it fits on your work piece, or you can use the paper method described numberous places on youtube and google.

hope this helps!

More
08 Apr 2024 12:30 - 08 Apr 2024 12:32 #297806 by Frogmate
Replied by Frogmate on topic Set work Offsets
Thank you for your reply.

I am using BT30 tooling with an ATC spindle. (I say using, but really I haven't used anything since I can't figure out the tool offsets and work offsets)

I understand how to perform these in theory; use the spindle nose and work table as a reference, etc. I just don't understand how to practically assign these values into LinuxCNC probe_basic. Likewise, I understand how to use my Hamier in theory, but not in pratice since I have never before in my life operated a CNC control.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2024 12:32 by Frogmate.

More
08 Apr 2024 13:06 #297809 by Lcvette
ah, you are completely new, ok...

Entering the offset into probe basic is fairly intuitive, you double click in the tool table and enter the offset value, press enter. now the table must be saved and reloaded via the buttons at the bottom of the tool table.

As for learning cnc in general, that is a topic best learned from reading and watching youtube videos of which there are many that would be easier than someone custom typing up a manual. give youtube a search for the specific items you are unsure of.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds