QTPYVCP error when changing tools using mdi

More
07 May 2020 05:59 #166932 by Becksvill
HI guys

I get this funny error when changing tools. I have a separate error I think changing tools with a G code program but I will just post this one first for now and see what you guys think.

basically the error shows when I use the toolchange widgit M6 G43 to change tools
if I just type the G code into the mdi there are no errors

here is a quick video of the problem

I have not been running probe basic for long. I had axis working fine and I have just changed the display in the ini from "axis" to "Probe_basic"

I have also copied what I thought was relevant from the standard probe basic ini fall

I have also copied all the G code subroutines from the probe basic sim config to my chevalier cnc mill config folder.

I have attached my hal and ini files to make things easy. there should be nothing else here
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2020 17:17 #167158 by TurBoss
Thanks for the report

this got fixed and will be out in the next release

thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Becksvill

More
09 May 2020 20:31 #167171 by Becksvill
Thanks turbo boss.

I would have thought this was a pretty common problem and surprised I found it lol.

Do you know when the next release is supposed to be?

And thanks so much for all your amazing work!

Regards

Andrew

More
09 May 2020 22:23 #167184 by Lcvette

Thanks turbo boss.

I would have thought this was a pretty common problem and surprised I found it lol.

Do you know when the next release is supposed to be?

And thanks so much for all your amazing work!

Regards

Andrew

I think is because you have no program loaded, there should be an ngc file called blank.ngc, in your ini have probe basic load that file on startup. it is just a blank program to load to satisfy the vtk backplot requirement until the fix is done. once you have it setup to load that program on startup you shouldn't ever have a situation where that error comes up again. have a look at the sim ini file on how it is loading in the ini if you need guidance on it! that will resolve the issue i believe.

Hope this helps!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Becksvill

More
09 May 2020 22:52 #167186 by Becksvill
Thanks chris.

That's a easy fix!

Regards

Andrew

More
10 May 2020 00:02 #167195 by Lcvette

Thanks chris.

That's a easy fix!

Regards

Andrew

yup, let me know if that works!!

More
29 Jun 2020 22:15 #173147 by Becksvill
just getting back to you guys

hey chris

I tried including the path to the blank ngc file in my ini file and it is still not working I think. I might have something else wrong though also.

My tool table is causing problems too. I just brought the table over from axis. in axis it works fine.

probe basic won't let me load a program it the current tool is the same as the tool that is called first in the program. it errors out.

But if I start again and deliberately change tool to another tool that is not used at the start of the program first and then load the program everything works fine. It is a bit weird. I really want to start using probe basic but these little issues mean I keep changing back to the "axis gui" as it just works.

But I will keep playing away with it.

regards

Andrew

More
29 Jun 2020 22:18 #173148 by Becksvill
also just to add to the last message.

when I try use the toolchange button in probe basic it errors out. so I may be missing some subroutines though I thought I got them all.

when I change tools for example T2M6G43 in the mdi input it changes fine.

regards

Andrew

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds