Porbe Basic Error On Startup

More
06 Dec 2020 07:37 #191210 by Phazertwo
Hello everyone, I am new to Linuxcnc, and am a rookie at best when it comes to Linux. I have played with Mint some and enjoy running it on my spare computer... but that's about it. I am pretty well versed in step/dir CNC control having setup and run a Mach 3 machines and 2 machines using Centroid Acorn, Both Acorn machines included probing and tool height setting, one of which was a collet spindle, and the M6 macro actually measure the tool after you install it and then kicks back into the program.

After watching some youtubes about Prob Basic, I decided I had better give it a shot for my next project...

Anyway, I followed the installation instructions here: kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/quick_start.html

I have Linux CNC up and running and talking to my 6I25 and 7I76. I have a very basic setup operating with Axis, however when I try to open Probe basic I get this error:

RUN_IN_PLACE=no
LINUXCNC_DIR=
LINUXCNC_BIN_DIR=/usr/bin
LINUXCNC_TCL_DIR=/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc
LINUXCNC_SCRIPT_DIR=
LINUXCNC_RTLIB_DIR=/usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules
LINUXCNC_CONFIG_DIR=
LINUXCNC_LANG_DIR=/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/msgs
INIVAR=inivar
HALCMD=halcmd
LINUXCNC_EMCSH=/usr/bin/wish8.6
LINUXCNC - 2.8.1
Machine configuration directory is '/home/test/linuxcnc/configs/probe_basic/probe_basic'
Machine configuration file is 'probe_basic.ini'
INIFILE=/home/test/linuxcnc/configs/probe_basic/probe_basic/probe_basic.ini
VERSION=1.1
PARAMETER_FILE=sim.var
TASK=milltask
HALUI=halui
DISPLAY=probe_basic
COORDINATES=X Y Z A B
KINEMATICS=trivkins coordinates=XYZAB
Starting LinuxCNC...
Starting LinuxCNC server program: linuxcncsvr
Loading Real Time OS, RTAPI, and HAL_LIB modules
Starting LinuxCNC IO program: io
Starting HAL User Interface program: halui
twopass:invoked with <> options
twopass:found ./hallib/core_sim_5.hal
twopass:found ./hallib/spindle_sim.hal
twopass:found ./hallib/simulated_home_probe_basic.hal
twopass:found ./hallib/sim_cannon.hal
Starting TASK program: milltask
Starting DISPLAY program: probe_basic
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
task: 268 cycles, min=0.000065, max=0.010212, avg=0.008958, 0 latency excursions (> 10x expected cycle time of 0.010000s)
Removing HAL_LIB, RTAPI, and Real Time OS modules
Removing NML shared memory segments

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both prob basic and Linuxcnc to make sure that I didn't miss anything, but I get the exact same results...

I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that I setup using Pcconf and Axis. Do I need to point probe basic to the config files? I don't see anywhere to do that, and the Prob Basic sim gives me the same issue...

Thanks for any help!
PZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2020 20:12 #191601 by Phazertwo
Almost 90 views and no suggestions? Is there a better place for this post?

I get the feeling what ever I am missing is staring me right in the face and it's a very simple noob thing to miss...

PZ

More
10 Dec 2020 20:19 #191602 by tommylight
Blame it on this pandemics ! :)
There are some sim_xxxx.hal files still called from your ini file, those will have to be removed for use on an actual machine.

More
10 Dec 2020 21:49 #191609 by Phazertwo
I just tried to uninstall, and re install Linuxcnc with. Then I tried to install Probbasic with out making a PNCconf for my test setup... Looks like I got a debug error this time (maybe I had it last time and just didn't copy it when I posted the error??). See attached file for the whole retort, but it looks like my OpenGL drivers are not up to date... A few minutes searching and I cannot find anything about upgrading the OpenGL drivers... or is it that my device cannot support it?

debug file information:
Note: Using POSIX realtime
motion.c: Creating unlock hal pins for joint 4
ERROR: In /work/standalone-x64-build/VTK-source/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 797
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x55fbd91e8f90): GL version 2.1 with the gpu_shader4 extension is not supported by your graphics driver but is required for the new OpenGL rendering backend. Please update your OpenGL driver. If you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 10.6.5 or later and make sure your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2.

Again any help would be much appreciated.

PZ

More
10 Dec 2020 22:09 #191613 by tommylight

ERROR: In /work/standalone-x64-build/VTK-source/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 797
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x55fbd91e8f90): GL version 2.1 with the gpu_shader4 extension is not supported by your graphics driver but is required for the new OpenGL rendering backend. Please update your OpenGL driver. If you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 10.6.5 or later and make sure your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2.

It most probably means the graphic card does not support OpenGL.
What version of Linux are you using ?

More
11 Dec 2020 03:52 #191639 by Phazertwo
LinuxCNC 2.8.0 Debian 10 Buster PREEMPT-RT ISO

Downloaded from here:
www.linuxcnc.org/downloads/

I think I have a video card somewhere that I can throw in it. I will give that a shot in the next few days and report back.

PZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Dec 2020 21:24 #193380 by Phazertwo
Just to close this out, it was the video card. I added a cheapo I had laying around and it worked with the next boot, no other changes were made.

Probe basic seems to be run just fine, I have run probably 5hrs worth of programs on my test setup with out seeing any issues. Looking forward to moving over to a real machine to test.

Thanks for the help!

PZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: TurBoss, tommylight

More
28 Dec 2020 22:42 #193383 by tommylight
Thanks fro reporting back.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds