Using qtpyvcp jog increments for mpg

More
31 Jan 2021 18:59 #197236 by anfänger
Hi,

I've got a question is it possible use the gib increments from the qtpyvcp widget for the hand wheels?

Thanks Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2021 16:47 #197316 by anfänger
Is there a way to set hal pins with rules?
Any Idea? It would be Stange to have two jog increments in the gui

More
02 Feb 2021 00:26 #197357 by andypugh

Is there a way to set hal pins with rules?

At load time?

Possibly with HAL TCL. HAL files can be plain HAL, or can use the TCL programming language.

More
02 Feb 2021 00:56 #197363 by KCJ
The standard jog increment widget does not expose any HAL pins, but it would be very easy to use HALPushButtons to set increments for an MPG, in fact I've been thinking about doing this on my machine.

Basically you would add as many HALPushButtons as you want increments, and set checkable and mutually exclusive properties to true. Also set the halbasename property to something appropriate for each button. Then in your post-gui hal file handle the logic of changing the increments based on which button pin is true.

It should also be easy enough to add pins to the existing jog increment widget, but it's really for use with keyboard jogging, so it may not make sense to use the same widget for both. (I generally have my keyboard jog increment set much larger than my MPG jog increment, if the same widget did both this would not be possible).

More
02 Feb 2021 08:50 #197393 by anfänger
Tanks
could do it the other way around? control the keyboard jogging increments with hal pins?

I could skip the whole keyboard jogging increments, but sometimes they are convenient to use.

And I crashed my mill once while I was using the hand wheel to set the Z offset. I Started with the hand wheel and chekd something on the display. I saw that I just have to move one increment and pushed the keyboard button. But the increments setting was different.

Now I take more care but it would be cool if I could could use a single increment setting for Handweel and keyboard

More
02 Feb 2021 20:46 #197471 by anfänger
For the lathe I removed the increment widget.
On the mill I will continue to take care.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds