Multiple Backplots on same screen, different views, A axis views?

More
27 Feb 2021 20:41 #200341 by TG_Imagineer
I am brand new to QtPyVCP and a novice at LinuxCNC, but I am quickly becoming a fan. I especially love what you guys have done with ProbeBasic.
I have a few simple questions, at least I think they are simple...

Can multiple instances of GcodeBackPlot or VTKBackPlot be displayed at the same time showing different views, ex. X,Y and Y,Z?

Can another axis be displayed, a 4th axis, ex. X,Y and Z,A?

We are working on a 4 axis project, but its layout is basically X,Z and X,Z. Its a two headed machine with two axis's per head. We are controlling it presently with a 4 axis controller without a plot display, and coding it with X,Y,Z,A using A as a linear not rotary axis. I intend to try to use LinuxCNC for this project, whether or not I can display a plot, but it would be a lot nicer with a visual.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2021 20:59 #200733 by newbynobi
It should be possible to display several plots simultaneous, at least gtk gremlin can be shown several times. It is possible to embed that widgets in an addition al panel in gmoccapy as example.

As for the axis, I would not use a b or c axis. Why not use XZ and VW axis? All linear and axis and gmoccapy can display that kind of machines.

Should also be possible to do that with the Qt based Guis

Norbert

More
01 Mar 2021 22:59 #200746 by TG_Imagineer
Thanks for the reply Norbert,

I kind of like QT, so I will try to use it for my GUI.

Yes, I could use U, W if they are available.

I am trying to figure out how to define 2 different VTKBackPlots separately?

I have some experimenting to do.

Rich

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds