Probe basic using override limits

More
26 May 2021 12:58 #210341 by Promo
Hi all,

Currently I'm trying to convert a BF30 to CNC using a 7i76e and linuxCNC with Probe basic.
During testing I would like to override the soft limits such that I can move the axis outside machine coordinates.
Probe basic has a 'override limits' option in the 'machine' dropdown menu but I can't select it. It acts if the button is greyed-out.
Do you know how I can activate the override limits function? Or is there a different way to move the motors outside of the machine-coordinates?

It might be a very silly question but it is all quite new to me.

Thanks for all the help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2021 19:13 #210380 by andypugh
I have never used probe-basic, but on the GUIs that I have used the "override" button overrides the limit switches, and is only active when the switches are tripped.

You can (maybe) achieve what you want by temporarily changing the joint limits using the pins ini.0.max-limit, ini.0.min-limit etc.

More
30 May 2021 18:48 #210718 by Promo
Thanks for your help.

It sounds logical that 'override limits' is for when a limit switch is triggered. Maybe my understanding of the override function was just wrong.

That work around by changing the ini-file is handy! That's what I'll do.

Thanks again!

More
29 Mar 2024 09:12 - 29 Mar 2024 09:15 #297073 by Unlogic

Hi all,

Currently I'm trying to convert a BF30 to CNC using a 7i76e and linuxCNC with Probe basic.
During testing I would like to override the soft limits such that I can move the axis outside machine coordinates.
Probe basic has a 'override limits' option in the 'machine' dropdown menu but I can't select it. It acts if the button is greyed-out.
Do you know how I can activate the override limits function? Or is there a different way to move the motors outside of the machine-coordinates?

It might be a very silly question but it is all quite new to me.

Thanks for all the help

This issue seems to still be there. I can't select the override option either.

Noticed this while setting up my limit switches yesterday. My workaround for now is to fire up Axis as the override option works there.

I'll create an issue on the Probe Basic GitHub page and see if any of the developers chime in.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2024 09:15 by Unlogic.

More
29 Mar 2024 11:42 #297097 by Unlogic

More
05 Apr 2024 09:44 - 05 Apr 2024 09:44 #297632 by Unlogic
I did some more digging into this issue and discovered there is actually two ways to trigger the "Limits override" function in Probe Basic.

One way is using the window menu (which doesn't seem to work), the other way is to toggle the button under the WCS tab on the right side and that way it seems to work fine.

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2024 09:44 by Unlogic.

More
06 Apr 2024 15:54 #297686 by Lcvette
yes, sorry fr the delayed reply, the menu dropdown is part of qtpyvcp i think and i could not get it to work as expected, so i added the button in the wcs tab.

More
06 Apr 2024 15:59 #297688 by Unlogic
Thanks for the reply, that explains things.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds