Access Mesa Pins from QTPYVCP

More
13 Jun 2021 14:49 #211942 by christianr
Hello,

i have installed QTPYVCP on my Machine and played a bit with it. Its very nice and works fine. Then i found, that i can add Buttons and other GUI Elements very easy to the GUI. But there is my Question:
How can i connect the Button to a In or Outputpin of my Mesa 7i76e ? I want to enable my vacuumpump via Relais.
It would be very nuce, if somebody can help me.

Thank you!

Have a nice day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2021 16:37 - 13 Jun 2021 16:40 #211950 by BigJohnT
You can use an Action Button to turn on and off Coolant. In your hal file just make the connection from coolant to the output on the 7i76e.

www.qtpyvcp.com/components/action_buttons.html

The hal line would be something like this, I'm looking at my 5i25/7i77 machine so the output syntax might be off a bit.
net coolant iocontrol.0.coolant-flood hm2_7i76e.0.0.output-00

JT
Last edit: 13 Jun 2021 16:40 by BigJohnT.

More
13 Jun 2021 16:45 #211951 by christianr
Okay thx. I tried it with qtpyvcp.MYBUTTONNAME... but qtpyvcp was not found...
I will try it with iocontrol. Thank you.

More
13 Jun 2021 19:35 #211963 by christianr
I was just at the machine and tried it. However, my ActionButton is not displayed in the HAL. Do I need to make any other settings in QTDesigner? I had added a normal button the last few days and it was displayed in the HAL.

More
13 Jun 2021 19:50 #211964 by BigJohnT
Once you setup the Action Button for Coolant then you connect the iocontrol.0.coolant-flood to your output pin. Also note you probably want to use coolant toggle and change the background color when it's on.

JT

More
13 Jun 2021 20:19 #211969 by christianr
But I don't want to use that for cooling but for a vacuum table and other things. What would I then enter instead of: iocontrol.0.coolant-flood ?Can I only take predefined? Like here in the case collant-flood ? Where do I write my button name or something like that ?

More
14 Jun 2021 05:56 - 14 Jun 2021 06:21 #211999 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Access Mesa Pins from QTPYVCP
Apologese if I am missing the point but if you want to adjust the gui and use a button or other gui control to activate a HAL pin that you are using to control a relay or some such to activate your vacum pump (or antything else for that matter) then you can look at:
www.qtpyvcp.com/widgets/hal/index.html

However if you want to activate and deactivate via gcode you need to look at the M62 to M65 gcodes. These trigger on/off bits on the motion.digital-out-xx (where xx is a number per documentation).

Edit 1: Equally if your machine has no coolant function there is nothing wrong with using the existing coolant pins. However if you do have coolant as a capability as well as the vac system then see above for ideas.

Edit 2: If you want to change the button name for an existing coolant button then you will either need to open the .ui file in qtdesigner and adjust the button text or open the .ui file in a text editor, search for the existing button txt and change it. Depending on the gui there may be a need to run the qcompile command (www.qtpyvcp.com/tools/qcompile.html).

Cheers - J.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2021 06:21 by Joco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: christianr

More
14 Jun 2021 16:08 #212035 by BigJohnT
Thanks to Joco for reminding me of the Hal Buttons. Simply add a hal button and give it the name you want to use in hal and in your postgui hal file make the connection from the button to the output of your choice. If you want the button to be a toggle button simply enable the checkable item in the property editor.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: christianr

More
15 Jun 2021 05:10 #212096 by christianr
Thank you very much. That was the Clue. Iam using HALButtons right now. And now i works.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds