Probe Basic mx velocity for XHC- WHB04

More
05 Jul 2021 09:53 #213753 by FedX
Hi all,

can annyone tell me where i can find the Hal pin for the jog velocity slider ? 
Whenever i jog with the handwheel it is running with 100% velocity, which is far to much for only 0.1mm steps.. I have connected whb.halui.max-velocity.value to halui.max-velocity.value but thats not working. 

I checked all Hal Pins i could find, but none of those had the value from the slider. 

best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2021 22:36 #213799 by andypugh
I think that it might depend on the UI that you are using. And it is also likely that not all of them respond to an external change.
(I would expect the change in halui to work, but I would not necessarily expect the GUI to show the change)

More
06 Jul 2021 06:59 #213829 by FedX
Hi,
you got me wrong, I don't want to see any change of feedrate in my UI. I want that the max feedrate override slider in % also takes effect while jogging by handwheel.

My problem is, if I jog in 1mm steps with my handwheel the whole floor is shaking because it seems that the machine is traveling in 1mm steps with maximum speed and acceleration. I want it to slow down when using the handwheel for a smooth motion when turning the handwheel a couple of steps..

whb.halui.max-velocity.value maybe that's the wrong pin for what I expect?

Best regards

More
06 Jul 2021 15:26 #213864 by andypugh

My problem is, if I jog in 1mm steps with my handwheel the whole floor is shaking because it seems that the machine is traveling in 1mm steps with maximum speed and acceleration. I want it to slow down when using the handwheel for a smooth motion when turning the handwheel a couple of steps..

Have a look at the pins "axis.L.jog-accel-fraction"
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

More
06 Jul 2021 22:05 #213908 by FedX
Thank you I'll give it a try when I'm at my workshop :)

More
09 Jul 2021 15:53 #214119 by FedX
Thank you Andy ! It's working fine at 50% I would have never found this signal at axis..
Best regards

More
23 Feb 2024 14:16 #294076 by Yoshyluebeck
Hello,
can you please show me where you used this command axis.L.jog-accel-fraction in the reverb? Which parameter did you use?
Greetings from Germany Lübeck

More
23 Feb 2024 21:41 #294123 by andypugh

Hello,
can you please show me where you used this command axis.L.jog-accel-fraction in the reverb? 

It's not a command, it's a HAL parameter, 

Just add a line to your HAL file with something like

setp axis.x.jog-accel-fraction 0.5 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, ChironFZ16

More
24 Feb 2024 06:23 #294181 by Yoshyluebeck
Hello andypugh,
This parameter was the solution to my problem. Thanks for the help!!! The machine now runs as smooth as butter in jog mode!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds