Probe basic not work with linuxcnc 2.9 pre master

More
08 Aug 2021 16:48 #217247 by REX299
Hello
I have problem that Probe basic not work with Linuxcnc 2.9 pre master. Axis GUI run fine. It show this error when i run Probe basic, Can some one tell me that my fault or LinuxCNC 2.9 problem. Thanks alot

Debug file information:
Note: Using POSIX realtime
motion.c: Creating unlock hal pins for joint 4
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rex/.local/bin/probe_basic", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/rex/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/probe_basic/__init__.py", line 15, in main
    from qtpyvcp.utilities.opt_parser import parse_opts
  File "/home/rex/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/utilities/opt_parser.py", line 55, in <module>
    from linuxcnc import ini
ImportError: No module named linuxcnc
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components
Note: Using POSIX realtime

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2021 21:45 - 08 Aug 2021 21:45 #217267 by MoshKopp
Pre 2.9 isn`t the Problem. I Use it too.

wich version of qtpyvcp and Probe Basic did you install?
Last edit: 08 Aug 2021 21:45 by MoshKopp.

More
09 Aug 2021 06:41 #217296 by REX299
Thanks for your infor, i use version 0.2.8 dowloaded from github link:
github.com/kcjengr/probe_basic/releases/...sic-Installer-v0.2.8.
My Machine is XYZAC with swichable knematics enabled.

More
09 Aug 2021 07:39 #217300 by Joco
Are you pulling linuxcnc from github or a prebuilt binary?  It is worth being aware that linuxcnc Master is now python3 only.

More
11 Aug 2021 04:33 #217469 by REX299
I fresh install linuxcnc 2.8.2 Debian master rt.iso Then go to update to linuxCNC master 2.9 pre thought synaptic manager.

More
21 Oct 2021 18:34 #223831 by Blonney
Hello,
Has anyone ever managed to run any of the qtpyvcp GUIs (e.g. Probe Basic, qtdragon, woodpecker) in a Raspberry Pi 4B+8GB with LCNC 2.9.0-Pre on a 64-bit distro? If so, would you mind pointing me in the right direction as to the steps I should attempt?

Long story short, after several days worth of tweaks, forum crawling, SD card reimaging, package and library (re)installations, etc., the issue seems to boil down to not being able to install the version of VTK expected by qtpyvcp.
Warning: Spoiler!

I'm starting to believe that QtVCP/QtPyVCP cannot run on the RPi4B/8GB (and Kiddekanin wrote that it may be due to the Raspberry Pi using OpenGL-ES while QtVCP requires OpenGL: forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...blem?start=30#202345)... But I'd like to hear the experts' opinions before giving up on those nice GUIs on the Pi. I'll happily provide more details if that can be useful to debug.
Thanks for any guidance!
PS: New to the forum; I posted here to avoid creating a new topic, although I'm not certain whether this is a Raspberry Pi or a QtPyVCP issue.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds