(Solved) Probe Basic - screen jog button problem

More
11 Oct 2021 05:50 #222821 by spumco
I've gotten my setup to the point where I can try to start moving the axis motors, but I've run in to a snag.

The screen jog buttons are not moving the correct axes.  If I click the screen-Z button, my Y motor moves, and vice-versa.

I've checked my INI file, and the axis letters are in the correct order, as are the stepgens and joint numbers in HAL.  The drives are plugged in to the 7i76e TB2 as X=0, Y=1, Z=2, and A=3.

I had quite a bit of trouble getting Probe Basic installed, but I can't imagine the jog buttons got corrupted.  I'm probably missing something obvious, but none of the hal pins visible in HALshow are being triggered by QtPyVCP/Probe Basic, so I can't tell where the issue is.

Would someone mind taking a look at my HAL and INI files and see if I've got joints/axis numbers crossed up somewhere?

Thx,
Ralph

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2021 06:35 - 11 Oct 2021 06:35 #222822 by TurBoss
I found a typo in your ini

[AXIS_3]

vs
[AXIS_A]
Last edit: 11 Oct 2021 06:35 by TurBoss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
11 Oct 2021 13:14 #222854 by spumco
Thanks, I'll sort that out.

I also discovered that it's poor practice to be troubleshooting electronics at 1am.  It helps if the step & direction signal wires match the intended drives.  It also helps if the encoder cables are plugged in to the correct drives.

Once I plug all the cables where they're supposed to be I'll have another go at it tonight.  If I still have an issue I'll be back - otherwise we'll pretend this didn't happen...

More
20 Oct 2021 03:57 #223627 by spumco
User error confirmed.

Public Service Announcement:  don't cross-connect your axis encoder cables. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: TurBoss

More
20 Oct 2021 08:58 #223642 by rodw

User error confirmed.

Public Service Announcement:  don't cross-connect your axis encoder cables. 

I've never done that ! 
But when I have, confusion reigns!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds