(SOLVED) Probe Basic - g-code display issue

More
26 Oct 2021 22:59 #224440 by spumco
So I just switched to the py3 version and have noticed a few differences/issues from the older version.  Besides some imssing HAL pins (mentioned in another thread), the g-code editor window is cutting off the left side of the characters.

Also, the file windows have black characters... and the alternating highlight ribbons/rows make it impossible to read if a dark theme is selected for the PC.

Screenshots attached.  I can choose a lighter theme to deal with the visibility problem, but that doesn't fix the characters getting cut off in the editor window.

Any suggestions on why this seems to have changed from the py2 version?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2021 19:18 #224786 by Joco
will need to check what gcode editor is being used.  The "old" editor might have that issue and I can't recall if PB has been moved off it.  I son't believe the new one has it as I don't have that issue in my custom UI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
05 Nov 2021 04:21 #225352 by spumco
If it helps any, my INI file specifies gedit

But I suspect PB uses some other internal thing.  I just know that the characters being cut off has been there since I first installed qtpyvcp/PB master.

More
05 Nov 2021 05:40 #225356 by Joco
I just loaded it up with a test file and I'm not seeing the issue.

Wondering if this implies your machine is missing somefonts?
Attachments:

More
05 Nov 2021 16:16 #225408 by spumco
Could be fonts, of course, but I don't think so.  It looks like the same font as pre-master version which wasn't cut-off.

I'll try changing to full-screen start-up when I get home.  I've changed the INI to start PB in window mode during testing/fiddling, and it's possible that PB is auto-shrinking everything.

More importantly, if it's working for you that means the problem is on my end and not PB itself.

More
05 Nov 2021 17:28 #225416 by Joco
If you are on a 1080p screen and its not in full screen mode then that could be it.  That was taken in windowed mode, but on a monitor withover 3000 in the X axis. 

More
05 Nov 2021 17:43 - 05 Nov 2021 18:07 #225417 by TurBoss
Hello,

Are you by any chance using a dark theme in the window manager?

Thanks

Edit: I'm trying many dark themes but none change PB aperance... so must be other thing....  thanks
Last edit: 05 Nov 2021 18:07 by TurBoss.

More
05 Nov 2021 21:30 #225433 by spumco
Gents,

Screen is at 1920x1080p.

Just tried it again maximized and full screen in INI file, no change.  Characters still cut off.

And I've changed back to a lighter theme so I can see the highlighted gcode in the main screen... The left side is still cut off, both in the editor window and the main run window.

Thanks,
Ralph

More
05 Nov 2021 23:27 #225447 by Joco
starting to grasp at straws a bit here but ... what mindow manager are you using?   Xfce? Mate? Gnome? Something else?

More
06 Nov 2021 03:18 #225464 by spumco
MX21 with XFCE

It's strange... nothing else displays strangely.  All non LCNC windows are fine, and other sims (Gmoccapy, axis, etc) are fine.

And the characters aren't actually missing on the left side.  They're 'behind' the line numbers - I can just see the edge of them - if that makes any sense.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds