Adding Custom Circular Gauge Widget? PyQt5 - Possible?

More
17 Jan 2022 13:01 - 17 Jan 2022 13:03 #232114 by Donb9261
I was wondering how challenging it would be to add the gauge widget to my VCP? First, is it possible? Second, how?

I am open to any suggestions and will work with anyone interested in adding this to their VCP. I was thinking adding gauges for load meters, analog pressure monitors, etc getting their value from hal pins. 

The image below shows a basic circular gauge. Here is a link to the web page created by the coder who designed the widget. The code is clean. I just want to make sure I place the code in the correct place so that the VCP loads as normal with the widget alone. 

khamisikibet.github.io/QT-PyQt-PySide-Cu...om-analog-gauge.html

https://github.com/KhamisiKibet/QT-PyQt-PySide-Custom-Widgets/blob/main/images/qt-pyqt-pyside-analog-gauge.png?raw=true

Last edit: 17 Jan 2022 13:03 by Donb9261. Reason: Pasted photo not loading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2022 13:08 #232115 by Donb9261
pyqt5 version files attached

File Attachment:

File Name: pyqt.zip
File Size:198 KB
Attachments:

More
17 Jan 2022 15:07 - 09 Jul 2022 22:42 #232124 by tommylight
If it is for VCP, search for Anders Wallin i think, he has nice tutorials on VCP.
www.anderswallin.net/tag/pyvcp/
Last edit: 09 Jul 2022 22:42 by tommylight. Reason: added link

More
17 Jan 2022 19:10 #232164 by Joco
From a ui design perspective while dial gauges can look rather nice, but for them to be easily readable at a glance they tend to be very space inefficient.  At least that is my observation. 

I can typically get 2-3 vertical bar gauges  in the space of a single dial gauge.

But I do agree that there is a certain something about dial gauges that is rather appealing. 

cheers J. 

More
18 Jan 2022 11:10 #232263 by cmorley
The only thing missing with 3rd party widgets is the HAL connection. I believe in Qtpyvcp (definitely in qtvcp) ) there is a widget to connect to other widget using qt signals, that then builds HAL pins.

If you don't need HAL pins then python code is what you need to use them.

But it would mean either the 3rd party library would need to be added to the project or your panel would not be loadable by anyone without the library.

More
18 Jan 2022 11:46 #232272 by Donb9261
I suspect that if they become popular a QtPyVCP widget can be created allowing for these connections in the HAL widget.

The bottom line for me is to create a more modern UI that taps into how most view the world these days. Via a cell phone. Lol.

I will check on the connector for hal widgets using slots. Seems logical for the time being.

Thanks.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds